the "Fuckwit" Iamascumma to legislate for driver drug tests

Jess you've failed to address my questions. Note I said impairment in virtually every statement and question. Impairment.

I agree that testing for the presence of illicit drugs, without proving that it was at a level that would cause impairment, is nonsense - but these drugs are illegal in the first place and that's where they're coming from here. You have to try to understand their position, and Joe Public, if you ever hope to make a positive difference to our cannabis laws.

Look at the Police's position. They need a test with a clearly quantifiable measurement - they need a specific threshold to be set, and anything above that they need the authority to act. What you're arguing against amounts to 1) that testing is happening at all; and 2) that the thresholds are too low and aren't testing directly for impairment.

Well #1 I say tough. It is common sense that society should employ people to keep our roads and our citizens as safe as possible. Alcohol is a major contribution to road accidents. Many other drugs and factors are too. I'm sorry, but I don't want to be on the road with anyone who is impaired period, so random testing is good and it's here to stay. Get used to it.

#2 though I agree - the thresholds need more scrutiny, we need a public and scientific debate about what is an acceptable level for a driver to have in their system, regardless of the legality of the subtance. What level impairs? The Police need a measurable threshold, and in today's world where we rely on technology far too much instead of using common-sense impairment and hand-eye co-ordination testing, that means that we need to decide on a threshold that a reasonable man would consider causes impairment in humans as a rule. Hence 0.05 Everyone's body is different, but to enforce law and order we need a simple, clearly defined threshold that is widely known and accepted by the community as fair.

But Nazi's, Scum and Fuckwit? It's hard to take the rest of your comments seriously. Clearly you're pissed off, but surely there are more constructive ways of getting your message across and working against these initiatives? What actions are most likely to achieve your goal?

And finally, happypuffy - do not admit that you have used cannabis period. Say nothing, take the test and wear the consequences. Make them work for it, don't make a statement that you were in possession of and used cannabis - they could use this to search your vehicle, home, or drag you through some other shit because of it. Just be polite and say nothing to incriminate yourself.

Jess you've failed to address my questions. Note I said impairment in virtually every statement and question. Impairment...

...But Nazi's, Scum and Fuckwit? It's hard to take the rest of your comments seriously. Clearly you're pissed off, but surely there are more constructive ways of getting your message across and working against these initiatives? What actions are most likely to achieve your goal?

When you dismiss people who aren't as eloquent, or perhaps aren't quite at that absolutely anal place in life where they can control each and every emotional reaction to every situation they encounter, well the loss to society is immeasurable because you have dismissed them without a fair hearing.

Everyday I am forced to deal with people I believe to be intellectually, emotionally, socially impaired to the point it must effect the way they drive.

The angry single father again denied custody or even visitation with his children, the long term manic-depressive who fell off her meds again, the elderly pensioner so desperate for human contact the thought of a nice "accidental meeting" isn't so scary, the long-suffering parent-carer of an intellectually disabled adult child desperate for respite, every one of them impaired beyond their capacity for concentration on driving, yet perfectly allowed to sit behind the wheel.

And finally, happypuffy - do not admit that you have used cannabis period. Say nothing, take the test and wear the consequences. Make them work for it, don't make a statement that you were in possession of and used cannabis - they could use this to search your vehicle, home, or drag you through some other shit because of it. Just be polite and say nothing to incriminate yourself.

Sound advice. NEVER admit that you have used cannabis to an officer of opression.

Through the gentle and not so subtle pointing out of the origins of cannabis prohibition in racism and various other crimes in this war-on-drug-users, you can generally make the uniformed-bigot as uncomfortable as you feel going through the whole process, and thats all it is, a process.

Thanks for the advice guys. You're right, I shouldn't incriminate myself if I'm in that situation. Problem is I'm WAY too honest (and a bit naive) :yahoo:

Pgz scare me! Cause I had a bad experience with some evil pgz. And they warned me not to tell!

Had to see a psych because of it, they wanted me to press charges, but I was too scared.

Anyways, I'm fine now.

Happy herb helps :thumbsup:

Edited by happypuffy

:yahoo:

I get ya Pipeman ...

I wish I hadn't slipped up quite a few times myself ...

It just gets so frustrating trying to understand some of these uninformed veiws sometimes U know.

I do try and keep it as moderate and on topic as I can tho. (Yes Yes I'm a loonie anyway) :thumbsup:

I doubt many people who should do actually read these forums tho.

But if writing a proper reply or response to the appropriate departments/people , then yes , much care should be taken to be as sensible as possible Imo.

Definatly no anger or aggression should show through . Just being polite and concise works better.

Bye Now :peace: Sorry If this ain`t the right way to post. Born B.C. (before computers)

I just ran across the article and almost laughed. Doesn`t apply to foreigners. But then read the nine months thing and went ouch. Ouch! Won`t smoke get you a ticket to jail for last weeks high. If you smoke like me. What is the cutoff date for cannaboids in the blood/ That day? that month?

B)

Excuse me Niall but have you read all the posts I've made?Did you read post#10?

I thought I explained the rationale` behind my use of the particular terminology.

1]Paraphrasing Iemma ,in other words using HIS own words that he used to describe the tunnel company boss.

2]Nazi ! well people who want to lock in gaol other people for consuming/driving/working/growing/selling/etc Cannabis IMO are Nazis

3]lets see cannabis people are generally non-violent when stoned,police are often quoted as saying they would prefer to deal with a group of stoners than a group of drunks.

4]cannabis is THE MOST BENIGN drug known to mankind being that there is effectively no known lethal dose and any estimations of lethal doses are so absurdly gigantic that they are meaningless in the real world.

5]Please Niall provide links to empirically collected and collated data and studies by PHD credentialed scientists that have passed PEER REVIEW to demonstrate that cannabis produces any deleterious impairment to reflexes,depression of the central nervous system,cognitive abilities,logical reasoning or any other parameter that possibly could affect driving ability?

6] I have had a licence for 30+ years ,I have never had an accident in which any body has ever been injured,I have not been booked for any driving offence in over 15 years ,have not had an accident in over 15 years all whilst being very stoned!

7]Do you or have you ever partaken of cannabis? or are you an "interesting" non-cannabis consuming OzStoner member? Seriously?

8]No amount of ACCURATE name calling by myself is going to make one iota of a difference,Iamascumma has the numbers,it will pass,and nothing I say or do will make one scrap of difference as they (pollies) do what they want regardless of citizens feelings.

9]As I have already said I have voted NSW Labor for LONGER than Iamascumma has and I have watched my FORMER beloved LEFTWING party be usurped by RIGHTWING 5th colomnists over the last 20+ years and a cabal of RIGHT(very right of centre)Wing scum hijack the Labor party to the point that I consider the NSW Labor Party to be a now conservative right of centre party ,I hate them for this! But I and others who are passionate but failed to join the party as Iemma did at 15 and engage are to blame,I have had my ideals hijacked and I apathetically allowed it to happen (I'm sure Iemma the son of a commie who I belive grew up rejecting his fathers politics turned up to join the Liberal Party but as he was the son of a commie they were suspicious of him so my belief is that the LIbs said "you can prove your loyalty by joining the Labor Party and spy and work to destroy it from within for us and that will prove your rightwing loyalty to us" IMO :thumbsup: :yahoo: