Help With Growing Tomatoes ?

:toke:

G'day All , Budman here ...

Well ... The days are getting longer and warmer around here ...

And In the upcoming weeks It is time for me to start thinking about how I am going to prepare my garden. :toke:

I am going to prepare the soil in September and start some Cherry Tomato plants after that ... I've never grown them , but they should be easy from what I know. :toke:

I have no idea about the different varieties and trying to find this information was a big drama for me ...

I want information on their rooting structure ... I couldn't find any : (

So ... that is half the reason I started this thread ...

:doh:

The other half is :

I have to wait until december (probably Late November) to grow any MJ plants out in the garden ... for reasons we won't discuss here.

I want to try a medium large Trellis Grow to keep the eventually large Mullies low to the ground ...

For stealth reasons ... and just for fun and learning. :doh:

;)

I was thinking along the lines of something like this :

post-8241-1155518297_thumb.jpg

But I've had alot of ideas , and I got more while scribbling that pic just now. I know , I am a great artist. :)

I would Luv to hear Anyones Suggestions or Comments about this ... any other ideas or "Setup Plans" would be Great too ...

Namely ... The Soil Regeneration ... or ... The Trellis Setup ... or Tomato and MJ Growing. Thx. :doh:

I think This is an Excellent Stealth Method of Growing Personal Marijuana ...

Plus you get Tomatos too ... you can eat them ...

And they contain Nutes known to fight some cancer cells , so that good too isn't it. :bow:

O.k. Thx for your time.

Bye Now.

Budman :doh:

P.s. Yay Tomatoes!

p.s.s. YaY MJ!!!

bud man, the easiest way is to go to the shops and buy a tomatoe that you like... and scoop the seeds out..wash them and sun dry them... you will get heaps... and they will grow just as well as any others... get a real ripe one...

grosslees are a good tomatoe.. nice and fat.. romas have a real deep flavour... or my fave, but they are hard to get.. you may have to buy them from a nursary.. is the beefsteak tomatoe, they grow fuckin massive.. you can cut slabs of them..and are unreal for hambugers and salads...

the trellis idea is great, also corn is good to hide behind, and grows fast...

just grow them like your mully and they will be fine...

;)

Thx SS ,

Yeah , I want to grow Cherry Tomatoes bcuz they're the only ones that won't get the dreaded Bugz , I won't use pesticide. Plus cherry tomatoes grow into massive vines which are sparse enough to let light thru to your Mullies If you wanted to fully diguise them. :toke:

I want to know the root space they would take so I can work out planting positions ... This shit could get pretty large if I'm not careful , It will have 90% all day Sun.

Oh , I think Romas may be resistant to the moths aswell , But I want cherry ones :toke:

I don't know the technical name for the strain that I call Cherry.

But I don't seem to be able to find seeds at the shop , I'll have to go to the nursery. :doh:

Also , I heard that growing seeds from commercial Tomatoes was futile as most will not germinate!? :toke:

Another idea , Altho ... this one requires more work , time and money :

post-8241-1155524251_thumb.jpg

Oooh , you can tell by the brush strokes how much care I took. :)

I like the idea of doing this one ... But I want Maximum light , so the other way is more practical ...

But I think this would be an excellent stealth method also. There would be more than enough light gettin through. :doh:

Bye 4 Now.

Budman. :doh:

:bow:

(If You Hang Red Ping-Pong Balls Off Your Mullies , Then It Is Now A Tomato Plant , See - noones none the wizer)

SukonmiSkunk Posted Aug 14 2006, 12:17 PM

... or my fave, but they are hard to get.. you may have to buy them from a nursary.. is the beefsteak tomatoe, they grow fuckin massive.. you can cut slabs of them..and are unreal for hambugers and salads...

Lmfao..I think you mean oz hearts..Sukon.. :doh: I grew them 2 years ago an they are nearly as big as .. :toke: ..an oz heart.. :toke: post-1074-1155526888_thumb.jpg

heres a few pics of some tommies i grew last year..sorry no pic of ox hearts..and a few other things i grew.. :doh:

post-1074-1155527121_thumb.jpg

post-1074-1155527418_thumb.jpg

Hey Guyz ,

Hey Bongon , Thx for the Vegetable Pics man ... Gotta love a good Fruit or Vege Pic aye ... Or Is that just me? :toke:

Hey Nugget , Cheerz , I'm glad you like my artistic expertise. :doh:

Hey Pipeman , Cheerz also ... A greenhose would be nice but would attract too much suspicion here I reckon. :doh:

O.k. ... Another failed attempt at a plan ...

I present ... Budmans Bed 2 - The second coming :

post-8241-1155530421_thumb.jpg

I have had this idea for a while ...

I knew an Old farmer Lady that used an old steal bed frame with the wire supports ...

As a Trellis to grow a great Cherry Tomato vine ... They were excellent Tomos too ...

I luved the idea but I would rather do it without the oxides from rust etc.

I'll go bunnings and get nice coated stuff maybe. :bow:

:toke:

O.k. I had more I was gonna add , but I forget for the shortterm ... Um ...

Budman ... Out. (I hope my buds don't taste like Tomatoes) :toke:

:(

I've seen "The Attack Of The Killer Tomatoes" man ...

I am ready for any type of Lycopene containing Tomato threat ...

How Bout You!?!?!? :)

Man ... If you took your time too read the thread properly ...

You would understand that this thread does relate to MJ and the groeing thereof ...

(Sheesh!)

This is the most confronting thing I've said on the Virtual WWW so far ... :

What is up your ass tonite 2time , If your Pissed at the world and shit , then I understand ...

But If you're Pissed at me ... why? ... Did I do something to offens or upset you ?? ...

Anyhoo , If I did I am very Sorry , (I don't think I did) ...

Bye 4 Now.

Yours sincerly , Budman. :P

:(