Sticky Point Magazine

Guest niall

Guest niall

Hey guys, just a heads up but there's an Australian cannabis magazine coming out soon - Sticky Point www.stickypointmagazine.com

Heard it on the grapevine, sorry if I've pre-empted someone's announcement here, but it all seems pretty public now. Looks good too, some good writers like JJ and it sounds like they'll be giving a good go of it, fucking awesome. Bout time we had a legally distributed magazine down here, good job guys.

Looks promising,

but I couldn't see where to subscribe :peace:

:freak: might have to go bug my not-so-local newsagent, I know most of them around here won't bother getting it in unless I order it :peace:

A comprehensive state by state breakdown of politics and legalities regarding cannabis is also featured.

Now this is a good thing for all of us, surely!

:toke:

Edited by 67Special

:freak:

Hey , that is excellent news , thx for the heads up Niall ,

I'll be keepin an eye out , but like 67s said , I'll probly have to order it. (They never even got the JJJ mag can you believe (sheesh))

:peace:

Anyhow , I've been wanting something like this in Oz for years , good luck to them ... Its not an easy business at the best of times , Let alone something that advocates an "illegal drug" :peace:

Well Cheerz mate , seeya later on ...

Budman :toke:

I'll have to check it out, maybe Joint Venture will have it.

but I couldn't see where to subscribe
Don't subscribe unless you have a safe address to send them to, if they got raided your mailing details would be on their database and some of these people don't care if their subscribers get visited as well.

:freak:

hope it lasts longer than Headspace mag , what happened there?

The learning curve was steep, and I negotiated it as best I could unaided.

The fact that I worked flat out for eight weeks solid and only just covered costs while failing completely to generate a wage for myself says more about my managerial skill set than it does about the potential for the idea of a national stoner rag.

:applause: :this was needed

:peace: :this was received

:peace: :this was me when it was time for edition two

Hopefully Australia's stoner community will be more appreciative of the efforts involved in beginning a magazine from scratch this time around...

I have met some of the crew involved in sticky point and they are flat out getting it all together and are hanging for any contributions from all over australia , especially australia's psychedelic stoner ARTISTs and mind twisting writings no matter how out there , pictures , and those unique aussie methods that are years ahead , example scrog the big thing in high times has been used in adelaide forever!!!!!,

Printing tha thing - some printers "board"s are so bored that they think a free speech political/marijuana mag is to risky to take money from whilst printing glossy brochures for sa arms dealers is sensi ball ? , The gist I got from them was there is a vacuum of alter native media that is owned and nutured by the actual people with their feet on the ground in australia and sticky point as a synergetic being wishes providing a wild unhinged vehicle for the counterculture in aus , cannabis , entheogenetics/psychedelics , plants that cure cancer , free energy technologies , \\

ps from the sticky point crew ---- MOST COMMERCIAL HIGH STREET MAGAZINE SHOPS Will NOT be serviced at FIRST as the major corporate distributors are waiting and watching after initially saying yes as they already dist many cannabis products but it seems a marijuana/politics magazine is more risky? , (do a search of cannabis at dymoks) , so grass roots distribution networks are being formed , obviously stoner friendly shops/cafe's etc , the beauty of working on our own distribution is that more money goes to real fuzzy beings pockets rather than to the faceless ,,,,

Edited by isthisbigenough