Fair enough HHS =), but I said "Organic Growers" not "Certified Organic Growers" theres a big difference there. I'm talking Cannabis growers, not food crops. Don't know too many people in Australia growing pot that have it Organically Certified. lol .

They probably would like to get that, but I got a feeling the law might frown on it.............. a little. :scratchin:

I helped set up an Organic Fruit farm in Tasmania, so I'm well aware of the testing involved to get certification.

Food crops are different, you need the soil analysis done so you can declare your land free of all nasties and your produce "organic", with ongoing testing of both soil and product. Luckily we have some of the highest standards for Organic Certification in the world when it comes to food stuffs, but unfortunately not yet cannabis..

:peace: Gh72

I said "Organic Growers" not "Certified Organic Growers"

Yes you are right GH, I would like to think i grow organiclly, but with out the cert I would not know for sure :scratchin:

Very expensive for the soil test just to grow cannabis for personal use.

Back on topic, Like I said before, each to their own, life and let life! Bush, hydro its a choice, If people dont like hydro dont use it! If people dont like bush dont use it! But it doesnt mean one is better then the other or one side has to put down the other side.

I think indoor and outdoor growers should put their differences behind them, have some respect for the other, hold hands and stand together for the good of cannabis reform.

Time for a brekky :bong:

Too true HHS =) , Each to their own, I grow both ways. (get ya mind outta the gutter, I said GROW not GO. lol . ) :whistle:

I got nothing against Organics, in fact i quite like it, like smoking it even :bongon: . Some of the best fruit and veg I have ever eaten has been Organic or at least Farm fresh (what I call un-certified organics) . I grow my own Vegies and Herbs, love the taste.

Whats the old saying........ United we rise-Divided we fall........... I think Nimbin Hemp bar should heed those words.

By having an Anti Hydro part to their policy on Canna reform they have made us feel not part of this struggle for Canna law reform and even as a Sacrificial Goat being offered up to further their own cause. Maybe some one from Hemp bar can come on here and explain why. If it is not illegal to grow or possesss weed, the amount of large scale commercial hydro growers will soon diminish, besides the ones with permits to grow for dispensaries etc. , or at least they will have to take care to see that they reach a certain quality level or it won't be accepted.

So by not including us as part of the "Movement" Nimbin Hemp Bar has lost support from probably 50-60% of growers in Oz, if not more.

Seems kinda like shooting Ya self in the foot......................Or maybe they just wanna be the REAL slim shady and were just imitating......

lol. :peace: Gh72

hehe, i remember some dude at mardigrass tellin us "oh your the guys that think hydro is better than bush " xD what a crackup.

funny shit, i prefer bush as it is completely free for me to grow xD i only grow hyge coz im sick of cunts ripping my plants off ! i like the security of my 4 walls. however if i was to find a quality safe spot i wouldn't hesitate to swap over to growing "bush" i would still have a ice mix of indicas and sativas for a varied high but would much prefer the outdoors purely for the free factor, and truth be told the buds DO taste "fresher" or "sweeter" if grown organically... however this CAN still be achieved in a hydro set.

It is a matter of value i guess... with electricity going up and up i am more and more leaning towards an outdoor grow again.

i still stand by hydro producing more potent/higher yielding stock based on the same amount of veg/flower time however as i said, you gotta pay for the difference.

however how can hydro bud be considered a "conspiracy" i think there is in some ways a conspiracy amongst COMMERCIAL HYDRO GROWERS whereby they slowly up the amounts of PGRs in their bud as well as cutting flower times steadily shorter (heavier weaker buds with a faster turnaround and higher yield... I can also see how COMMERCIAL hydro could be a health risk as the nutes aren't flushed propperly and mould forms pretty easy on the damp buds they are distributing.

"Lock your self in a small room, turn on lots and lots of hot bright lights, put your feet in a bucket of water while you watch tv non stop for 3 months. Order in lots of processed junk food. Your life, You choose. Battery hen or Eagle."

Hell if someone else is willing to do all the work for me i.e. find me and my family food, change my water, adjust my lightbulbs and adjust my air con to a snug 25 degrees 24/7 i would be stoked. Sounds kinda like the life of a centerlink king video-gaming addict with major corns on his feet.

i guess the thing they dont want too see is that we do EVERYTHING within our abilities / power to emulate the outside world for our plants, only better. We give them exact amounts of the foods they need (how this can be compared to maccas i have no idea as we ARE offering them a gourmet buffet of everything they could ever need to grow healthily. The light while sure it gives off heat, this heat is no more than the sun itself. and the use of fans etc pretty much nullify this. The theory behind it is good as far as the "legalisation front" goes and showing people that canna can be el' naturale etc but they are approaching it all wrong *shakes head*

Ok, the hemp bar is over, nimbin is a thing of the past, its not the cool little peaceful hippy retreat to peace out and score a little herb .... instead ... the 4 police cameras in the street and .... the 8 police at nimbin ... have made the cannabis trade punish severely .... I would not score herb or hash off anybody in the street, i was there fairly recently ... and ... i scored junk from a crackwhore .... seemed kind of legit to begin with .... i scored from SHOPS there... and still ... i was only able to score really SHITTY moldy 350 an oz weed that although on appearance seemed ok ... was far from it ..... I have leaf trimmings that has a better buzz, sadly, nimbin is a waste zone...... terrible and sad to see ..... I would advise against visiting there any time in the near future it is fucking radiculous .... if you want to score fake fucking dry sift that smells like herb or fucking shitty wet hash or moldy buds from a hippy that looks like they are still on a week long meth binge ... feel free but its fucking pathetic now ....... its a police zone, the locals are afraid, the oldschool nimbin hippies are hiding in caves ....

Peace n pot guys,

Take it easy .. but still .. take it .

All I can say is I strongly prefer hydro bud, over bush bud, mostly because it is *generally* grown under more stringent conditions... More "amateur" grows are outdoor (not saying all grows outdoors are amatuer).

Also hydro grows much faster.

I disagree, organic herb can be just as strong and even TASTIER than hydro ..... and not all hydro setups are under more stringent conditions, thats a fallacy .... there are poor grow conditions in many grow styles that are actively pursued within cannabis cultivation ... but hey ... each to their own ...

don't forget Hydro" can be outdoors and it can be organic, except for the containers and hoses etc.

I heard a story about a fella that grew some plants in the bush with hempy buckets. What would you call the buds from that plant? hydro bush? Indoor outdoor?

What about if I grew some plants indoors organically under HID lights, then brought them outdoors to grow under the sun in a hydroponic medium.

Just the same as buds from one pheno don't smoke the same from an other.

Growing buds isn't as black and white as some people speculate. :chair:

Edited by Anthesis