yellowing problem any clues?

if ur foliar feeding what there being fed thats too strong. dilute to 1/3 of full strength or just ditch the foliar feeding altogether

are u foliar feeding with lights on - could be burning them

also check the temps at the top of the plants to see if the light is too close (under 30 is fine) but your plant looks young so no harm keeping the light abit higher than 1 foot (also depends on the lamp but if its a 1000w then 1 foot is too close)

but all of the above factors are unlikely to be causing that severe yellowing - which is most likely a nute problem. but im not familiar with the requirements of coco

Bugga, what's a good replacement for these expensive crap Canna Coco nutrients then, I won't be using them again in a hurry?

best results in coco i have had in coco have been achieved with Canadian Xpress Coco nutes closely followed by DM Original lol both nutes are under $30, designed for coco and work a treat + if you are into organics, the canadian xpress stuff is 50% organic 50% synthetic lol

gaz, i would flush the shit out of those plant, give them a feed at around 3/4 strength and just wait it out...those leaves with the dying tips or burnt patches will not recover, they'll probably get worse and fall off while the newer growth will be all nice and lush B)

that one pictured was just a pick of the lot just grabed the closes one this one pictured is the only one with leaf tip burn im not worried about the burning just yellowing lol cant be to much wrong with them as there powering on lol ganna change to GT coco nutrients early this week

keepleft, ive never had a problem folier feeding with full strength just need to give a few good sprays with plain water to was off the salts and stop the poors cloging IMO the clones aint close enough to the light B)

'Hi gazza,

'Yellowing' and too 'green' in coco @ the same time ?###?

they had the same yellowing at half strength

Tom ...Coco nutrients need to be much higher in calcium than the standard ones, give the Dutch Master Coco nutrients a try.

I used to use the Cocog - Flores but they are not producing it for ustralia now. I got onto highlife in Oz who advised me to buy the Coco Veg A & B for veging which I have been using) and now get the Canna A & B - Flores. So as I have a preference for stage specific nutes I wanted the 'Canna Flores' range. I have switched last water of 12/12 to the Canna Flores and will let you know how things continue,

Real pissed off about the COGr - Flores being taken of the Oz wdistribuution list. I waas informed that they aren't selling enough to continue distrubution in Oz. They also told me that can distrubute from Amsterdam at a cost.

light was around 1.5 foot away now about 1 foot away wouldnt say its to close the coco is the $2.25 job from bunnings ph is 6.3-6.5 PPM of nutrients run off is same as it goes in i reckon its my nutrients

I doubt is is l heat due to light heat problem. I have looked at those compact bricks in woolworths and Bunnings but not tried them. PH seems ok from what the common belief is. I run mine Low(PH - 5.8) during veg and higher during flower @ PH - 6.2.

folier feed once a day i couldnt be bothered mixing up a weeker solution so use what the girls are being fed the problem cleared up once before shortly after the clones rooted by folier feeding

I have rarely folier fed at all. My GR has good humidity and I have only folier sprayed 'Garlic Spray' when I have brought plants from outside into my GR indoors.

so use what the girls are being fed
Full Streanth Fed ! lol There's a break from fundimentals. Got any decent pics of the plants

As has been pointed out (Luke Skywalker) heat/cold changes (temp ranges) is my only contribution as a guess.

get on top of it gazzy lol

'Yellowing' and too 'green' in coco @ the same time ?###?
plants are darker green in colour in some spots hard to see from the pictures

Full Streanth Fed ! There's a break from fundimentals. Got any decent pics of the plants

As has been pointed out (Luke Skywalker) heat/cold changes (temp ranges) is my only contribution as a guess.

get on top of it gazzy

haha they look ok to me with the current folier feeding amounts lol doubt its my temps causing the problem

post-2209-1152339610_thumb.jpg

post-2209-1152339633_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gazza2001au

up the nutes gaz.. run them at about 1800ppm.. it looks to me that they arent getting enough...the yellow patches will probably not recover.. but youre in veg so just trim them off...

are the the stems purple??? if so it could be a ph prob?? I cant notice any purple stems... looks like its just not enough nutes...

SS all new stem growth is green the older parts of the clones were purple from the stress i put them thru when cloning on the bottle of nutrients it says to use inbetween 1.5-2.6ms i dont have one of those EC meters so someone converted it for me the other night so atm im just a tad off full strength by the bottles instructions it says 5mls per litre once thats mixed it comes up PPM 1400 there abouts the 2.6ms on the bottle being the max amount works out PPM 1820 as u mentioned but seems really stong im a sissy to up it past 1400 lol lol

i dont use thermometers in my GR's just an added thing to worry about

Jeez, that's a pretty important thing not to worry about. You say you doubt it is temps causing the probs, and I do agree with you generally, it's probably more to do with the media or pH or even strength, but you don't know what the temps get to in the room, so how can you know if it's not a prob? 5 bucks for a small thermometer is a small amount to actually know that your room isn't getting ridiculously cold or hot, and allows you to take corrective action before there's a problem. Being bothered to grow means being bothered to care for them and give them what they need, don't you think?

There are 5 fundamentals to growing indoors - Temp, Light, Airflow, Water, and Nutrition. As well as a whole pile of other things which can make a difference within those. If you don't monitor or know what's going on with one or other of them, you're missing vital information.

Foliar feeding is only really effective when it's done once a week or so, as if you do it daily you're washing out rather than putting in nutrients. And it should be done at a 1/4 strength solution maximum IMO. If you do it at all. If you're washing off excessive salts as well you're further compounding the problem.

Check the pH of the runoff and if you can get a soil pH test kit test the coco after a feed too. 9 times out of 10 a nutrient prob is pH.

The coco itself could be a problem if it's not a reputable brand and you haven't buffered it by soaking in nutrient solution and then repeatedly flushing.

@tom - Try Hy-Gen coco A+B, I know a few who are using that, as well as their one-part Cornucopia. Both have seaweed extract.

You could use the DM original though, they say it's quite effective.

The Canna stuff is so-so for the price. The COGr stuff is supposed to be designed for the COGr coir, which has bark chips in it for better drainage. Whether it's significantly different in nutrient composition though, I'm not sure.

The vega and flores range I know have been used in coco quite well, once again the price premium comes into it. There's little to no justification given by Canna for their prices, and everything they make has either direct substitutes or near enough ones.

Oh yeah, gazza, you may want to check the calibration on your tds meter and pH meter if you use an electronic pH. If you use liquid, it may be that it's old or has been contaminated, which could also give you a false reading.

i know its not my temps my last grow diary went fine and growth is fast plants are perky etc.. i use to use a thermometer in the GR years ago but took it out doubt our enviroment has changed over 5 years so temps should be as i last checked them year round lol i checked on them last night the yellow is slowly filling in with green but that tip is still yellow all new tips are coming out green there cant be a problem with the coco see the pictures the mother is in the same coco same PH same PPM i reckon its because i went to light on nutrients after they rooted and the problem is not going away quickly as my nutrients can probably be used in coco growing but not made specificly for coco

ill second the Hygen only thing is the seaweed extract stains roots and res in the bottle a mould grows Not bad i was told. If you can buy the nute without seaweed then add your own Via Omega zym or rhizotonic.

Is as good if not better than canna but does not PH adjust so if you dont have meters stick with canna if you have give it a go.

Not sure about cornicopia dont know anybody that has tried it, 2 part coco with/without weed is good, and there single part $12 coco is also very good on clones and veg plants.

I dont think your nutes are the cause, before coco nutes came out i used all types in coco with no problem other than purple leaves in late flower with the High PK ones.

Looking at the recent pics there just hungry up the nute but dont go full strength yet 2/3 would do. Keep it consistant daily feeds of same strength and PH.

all b happy.

Edited by thc24