do we represent cannabis?

is there anyone around here that isn't [a fruitcake]? :xcited:

No. And yes, we are home.

I'd say anyone of us claiming to be the 'perfect stoner' is probably lying. Not to say we don't try, but most here would know that Society is one fucked-up disease and can requisit medication. :doh:

I think the greatly unobserved aspect of Stoners (for want of a less tarnished word) is that - when they do present a positive image of Stoner-s/-ism - they can live a lifestyle much LESS destructive and much MORE constructive than the average anti-drug, anti-mind-expansion civilian.

Problem is, we are not fighting the 'war on drugs', we're fighting the 'war on mind expansion', which has been in effect for how long....the dawn of Religion? ...The dawn of greed or superiority?

Also, despite pipeman's customary Blunt-ness, he really doesn't seem to be preaching anything to anyone. However I completely agree that there are FAR too many stoners that either seem to be getting stoned for the wrong reasons or plain don't understand what they're doing (i.e. taking a hallucinogenic drug, albeit traditionally a mild one).

Hrm, maybe I'm just rambling. Sorry, I can get a bit off-track when I'm too straight for too long. :peace: heh, jk guys.

I don't see why I'm a crazy bastard all I did was make a post about what I was thinking at the time :xcited:

You have kinda hit the nail on the head infinitee. The post was about getting a response and starting a discussion not about making some sort of personal point. What direction you want to take the discussion is up to you. For some it was simply pipeman is a wanker well if thats all you have to contribute so be it. But i've liked some of the other responses in this thread. :peace:

Well pipeman i dont mean to be boastful here but i used to work in a legal related profession for years, and was pretty good at my job even to the extent of having senior policemen recommending me for promotions,which i was naturally proud of. Yet that all turned to shit when i was busted growing cannabis, and now those same coppers who used to sing my praises will barely give me the time of day.

Now i dont regret using and growing cannabis but i certainly regret the man-made laws that resulted in a ruined career.

So why would anyone in thier right mind wear a badge of cannabis with pride and try to present a positive image of the cannabis user, when the majority of the general public dont want to understand or get to know us, rather more content to see us carry the stigma of "drug user" or even worse crimminal.

I personally consider my case as one of the best examples of why cannabis should be legalized, (under stringent license conditions)......yet that example does not seem to carry a gram of weight in the argument for a change in the law. And mind you there are many others who have suffered far more than me for deciding to indulge in a natural god-given plant called cannabis.

:xcited:

The average "drug" user is actually a "normal" person. It's a fact that the dependence and addiction rates for illegal substances are lower than those for alcohol, regardless of their legal status.

The only reason "society" disapproves of drugs is because there has been a concerted propaganda campaign for about 50 years telling them that *mr mackey voice* drugs 'r bad, m'kay?...

The only way to change the perception is to show the realities. That is that the users of drugs are just as normal and functioning as the rest of society, whoever that is. The illegality of most drugs is the main cause of distress and problems in our society, not the drugs themselves. Sure, there is a subsection, a very, very small subsection when you look at the numbers, which have substance abuse issues. But these people will have issues whether there substances are legal or illegal. All making it illegal acheives is to drive them into an underground criminal culture and make them more likely to be harmed and affected adversely beyond what they really have to be.

So the real answer is for all of us to actually stand up and be counted. It's a hard ask, and a difficult thing to convince most people to try. But if they did, and the "straight" (minority mind you) part of society saw that these people are lawyers, doctors, pilots, goverment officers, teachers, mechanics, gardeners, check out chicks, as well as that tiny but well publicised population of so-called "dole bludgers", then perhaps we could end up with a more realistic and fair world.

Just because one chooses to inhale a plant rather than drink it fermented doesn't make it wrong. It's only when that use becomes a problem that it is wrong, and making things illegal doesn't fix it. It makes it worse.

making drug use criminal is a great way to control the population. And lets face it, the sad truth is a lot people out there want the government and police to have complete control.

When the Gestapo emerged as the new secret police in Nazi Germany, they did not need to subdue the population. They were embraced and actually most of their "work" came from German citizens dogging each other. Doctors quietly killing permanently disabled patients and deformed babies. All this happened without any direction from the Nazi party or the Gestapo. The people wanted the government to have control of the moral agenda, and anyone that didn't fall in line to be punished.

Success in our society is based on competition and inequity. Some are stronger and smarter than others and achieve more. But its more than that. Its about protecting money and power, both inherited and earned. That relies on control, not social justice.

The only people that want social justice are those that don't have the power or influence to achieve it.

don't really know where I'm going with this post, but there's a couple of thoughts for what they're worth :xcited:

Hey Frazzle, sorry to hear about that mate. I guess that kind of respect is shallow anyway. That's just cops respecting a reputation and not a person. Just an illusion like a lot of the shallow daily respect we see.

Hey pipeman, I don't know how to quote, so you might rip on me for doing this -

"If everyone on this site was interviewed as representatives of the stoner community, what impression would we give?

Would getting to know the people behind the screen names encourage an argument for law reform or would it only confirm that marijuana destroys lives and stoners are a waste of space.

If you don't think your life is a positive example for cannabis law reform then maybe you should do something about it. For yourself if nothing else. If your life isn't a good example to others, how happy can you be with it yourself?"

Seems you are asking a few questions there; Do you want cannabis law reform? Do you feel like you are living a positive life? Are you happy even if your life isn't positive?

I think you will find that most cannabis growers feel positive and are happy simply if they get a crop thro. The joy is in the growing AND the harvesting. That is all we have now and in order to get it legalized, it must be gambled and potentially lost.

If you stand up for law reform, you must be beyond reproach. Otherwise you'll be torn down easily and make negative stereotypical example. (no matter how pristinely positive your life is) So to be an activist of any benefit to the reform cause, you'll have to not grow, or buy cannabis, and not use it until it is legal. :xcited:

Otherwize you'll be showing that you don't care about the laws, that you do care to change.

Another thing you see in this culture is the mentality that.. well I only bend the law a little bit, not a lot... so I must not be a criminal like the big commercial boys. They do it for a living, don't care about the law and make heaps of cash and bring trouble etc.

We all grow it or buy it, smoke or vape it and some sell heaps of it but we're all just as involved.

It's only the amount of attention we attract that varies.

" The only people that want social justice are those that don't have the power or influence to achieve it."

So the only desire is to compete. It must be the nature of man. Man is a part of nature, so it must be natural :peace:

I think you hit an important point there mullaway, and that is that the very laws we want changed are being used to prevent us changing them.

For an extreme example look at what the US is trying to do to Mark Emery. You think activism in Canada will be the same after this? Its a scary world and the DEA has no problem going into other countries and hauling people back to the US for a complimentry stay at the iron bar motel.