What do you do to help get marijuana legalised?

What do you do to help get marijuana legalised?  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yeah, but the UN also says you can't lock people up without trial, but they still do it. It's an excuse to maintain prohibition. Isn't Holland a member of the UN? Canada? They have decrim in various forms and no-ones firebombed em or kicked em out.

I'd like to see a cottage industry, but like any other commodity, it should be freely marketable (with regulation and quality control like other foodstuffs) by those with the time and effort to start a business. It would also be significantly cheaper even with govt. taxes. No black market and the bottom will fall out of it.

Dunno why peeps think that the government would be the one selling weed... perhaps the medicinal stuff, but that's a different matter. Do we have the government selling alcohol or cigarettes?

What do I do?

I live normally and let as many people know, as practical, that I smoke.

I don't drink much or have wild parties, I have few visitors.

The previous owners of my house were a pair of drunks that screamed at each other every other night apparently, all the surrounding neighbours were ready to sell up and leave. The cops were around here regularly.

To have me and my dog move in was a blessing.

Now I have some plants in the back yard that my neighbour can see, yet he hasn't rang the cops?

It is playing with fire

But why live like a scared junkie?

I'm proud of who I am and I'm happy to be a good neighbour

The dynamic of the situation works as long as I can maintain a cool head :applause: I hope they change there way of thinking by my actions :peace:

B)

That's a good attitude to have Bufo :)

And your right , although people might not be "swayed" toward partaking in the usage of it , thats not the point , if they accept that many do and are "normal" decent friendly citizens then they have little reason to fear it do they :) .. and generally , if one can be comfortable with themselves then it will make others around them feel more comfortable also .. ofc ..

I don't doubt that there is a large percentage of parents out there who would much rather their kids be havin a toke on a J at a party rather than the many other things they could be partaking in ;)

As for this particular Poll , Its a bit silly :D , but given those choices .. I'd say 1 and 6 are both pretty good :D .. um 6 .. so I can elaborate .. (fucken laws) :P heheh

O.k. .. Personally , I feel I'm restricted in what I can do in a public "light" .. I'm not exactly a Pillar of Humanity myself , beleive it or not lol .. But I think that individually , there can be little direct change .. But united (sorry for the cliche) .. I still beleive that congregating and discussing all known issues is a good thing , even if it is Virtual and somewhat Anonymus .. (Anonimity isn't always a bad thing) ..

There are Real People and Real Thoughts and Emotion behind the virtual construct that some may say one might "Hide" behind .. I disagree , i think It gives even more freedom to express oneself .. out of the range of fire if you will B)

Anyhoo , I had nothing particular to say that most of us haven't already read or said or thought .. just keeping the flow alive .. never know when a new idea might float on by without notice aye lol

Cheerz all , and keep up the good fight B)

Budman B)

This is my first post in these forums, so I'd like to say hi (or 'high') to everyone first. :D

It may be a little naive of me, but I try to live as though marijuana is already legal. I talk about it openly to anyone who asks me and I don't hide my smoking in some public places like parks and the beach etc, although I don't push it in people's faces, nor do I smoke it where it would be innapropriate (eg, around kids).

I try to follow the philosophy of this article (link below), about 'coming out of the cannabis closet'. The more people who are open about their cannabis use, the better. The Government creates laws based on public opinion, so if public opinion becomes pro cannabis, then the Government will (hopefully) be forced to act.

http://www.alternet.org/story/13059/

Planting seeds sounds like a good idea. Coming up to lovely planting weather :D

i answered 'other'....i am involved with the Dopefiend.co.uk Cannabis Podcast Network and also put a Podcast out which is very Australia-centric called 'BB's Bungalow'...

together we help to inform and empower pot smokers about the truths revolving around cannabis through informative discussion and news. it also helps to dispel the myths that much of society is subject to around cannabis.

we now have over 2,500 listeners all over the world!