First Grow and leaves are turning yellow

I would re-pot them with about 30% to 40% perlite in the soil mix (reuse the soil they are in) as that soil will be retaining too much moisture for too long, I would also be making sure that the nutrient/water mix is 6.5, some nutrients will lift PH and need to be corrected.

This shows the difference between 4000k and 7000k (840 and 865)
For veg I would be running 2 out of 3 7000k.

:applause:

certainly is a major difference between the biggest and smallest, how many days apart are they?

3 days. But some that I planted 3 days late have overgrown the ones I planted first. I think its lack of nutes. How much can I give them, how can I tell they've had enough?.

I change some of the fluro's back to 4000k. Will have to do that tommoz as its lights out atm.

certainly is a major difference between the biggest and smallest, how many days apart are they?

3 days. But some that I planted 3 days late have overgrown the ones I planted first. I think its lack of nutes. How much can I give them, how can I tell they've had enough?.

I change some of the fluro's back to 4000k. Will have to do that tommoz as its lights out atm.

i highly doubt its a alck of nutes as most brands of soil contain more than enough nutes in the soil untill the plants is about 3 or 4 nodes high....imo its a pH lockout :applause:

Hi NH,

now that i see the soil your growing in im pretty sure that all that bark wood is proberly messing with PH and rataining too much salt , do some testing feed one or two, flush another maby even transplant smallest in to fresh potmix or coco (fine and well flushed) within a couple of days nothing will die but you will be a lot closer to fixing issues, pots do look very wet maby you just watered that wet with coco and dramas start ..

I took a pic with this thread in mind or a Hash plant clone that is 5/6 weeks old, needs a repot and nearly died last week after lack of food bad ph and rootbound. i started feeding witha med/strong feed and they are back healthy as ever but this is in coco.

The HP plant looks 100% over two days ago easily grown an inch and can see the fresh roots .

post-5631-1142492498_thumb.jpg

Hi thc,

Your plant looks like it has exactly the same problems as mine. Yes I had just watered, that's why the soil looks wet. I give them about 100ml every 2-3 days. I didn't think the soil retained that much water as the pots are dry (right to the bottom) 48 hours. As soon as a poor water in the top, it starts pouring out tje bottom.

But like you said, it could be bark causing the problems, becuase my plant looks exactly like yours. Strange thing is though it's only affecting 2 out of 18 plants. One has gotten really bad over night. I'm thinking that maybe the 2 or 3 leaves that are turning yellow aren't getting any light. If you have a look at the photo below you'll see that it's the only leaf on the plant that look sick, and it's shaded by a leaf directly above it and is now 6" away from the fluro. So maybe it's cuased by lack of light?. I'm not freaking out about this as much as I did before as the rest of the plants are green and healthy it just a couple of leaves that are sick. So the problem isn't spreading. Worse case scenario is those couple of leaves die, the rest of the plant is healthy as.

I don't know how to quote but you said that repotting wont hurt none and may illiminate any problems that my soil may be causing. But if I'm going to repot I'll go straight in to really large pots (15-25ltr). I want to try and cut down on transplant shock. I don't have a grow room set up yet, but I have my 3 HPS so I can put them under that for the next 7 days. By then I should have my grow room setup. That would solve the problem of not enough light reaching the lower leaves.

Cheers

post-7214-1142529339_thumb.jpg