Clay balls, fungal gnat and spidermite

I hand water with clay balls. It is a legitimate method.

yes hand watering is a legitimate method, but I think you will find auto feeding a hell of a lot easier with way better results... I grow in perlite and water 4 times a day when the light is on... for 30mins at a time... perlite holds a shit load more water than clay.

and who the hell wants to hand feed 4-6times a day... you might need to go out.

the only way the plant wont die if not fed all day is if the roots are always in water.. if thats the case.. you dont need to water at all... DWC

ive grown in clayballs and will never use them again for this simple reason.... I had a pump fuckup... I was at a rave.. I came home 18or so hours later to a DEAD growroom....$30000 loss.. never again, it needs to be watered often and can even be on a continuos feed, altho not really reccomended....

I wouldnt use clay for a run to waist system.... how rich are ya??? for a run to waist I would use granulated rockwool.... or even perlite....

I like the idea of going to a flood and drain...... those systems are wikid. in clayballs the tray needs to be flooded and 4-6 times a day when the light is on... becuase eveything drains back out, depending on plantsize you may have to increase watering...... but a way better choice than hand watering...

every time the plant wilts you lose about 2-3 days of growth.... altho they might seem to grow more vigorous when watered...