Small flies and light height in flower

hey wantdachronic when u used the MAVRIC as a drench what dilution did u use? also what medium? and also did u flush or let it recirculate in the nutes? and finally did u do it once or multiple times?

when spraying i use at 10mL per litre of water, as a drench i have used it at 5mL per litre and every single time it has killed every sacrid in my grow room :thumbsup

my medium has always been a mix of perlite and coco and i only use it with plain water, never have i mixed it with nutes...also, i used it twice a week as a drench, flushed really well and then fed the plants once i thought all the maverik shit had been washed away...did the same treatment the very next week and didnt have any bugs for a very long time :smoke

im not sure about using it in a proper hydro system as im not sure if it could clog the pipes or anything, but since its a liquid and dilutes really quickly, im fairly sure it could be used in one of those types of systems, but i would sure as shit change the res after a day or 2 to plain, pH adjusted water to flush all that shit out :unsure:

thanks wantdachronic and power (ps ignore my question in another post re same topic sorry!)

ok ill try it as a drench at 5ml per litre (best to try low dose first i reckon!)

wantdachronic - is your system run to waste or recirculating? when u say flush after a day or two - mine is recirculating, so i will drench the medium (rockwool slabs) with mavrick/water mix and then it would run into the reservoir. so should i flush the medium immediately with plain water or should i leave it for a day or two and then flush it? (im thinking that if i flush the medium immediately it will flush out all the maverick??)

where do u get maverik from? went to bunnings and they didnt have any !

try big-w first, if they dont have any, your local nursery should :D

wantdachronic - is your system run to waste or recirculating? when u say flush after a day or two - mine is recirculating, so i will drench the medium (rockwool slabs) with mavrick/water mix and then it would run into the reservoir. so should i flush the medium immediately with plain water or should i leave it for a day or two and then flush it? (im thinking that if i flush the medium immediately it will flush out all the maverick??)

hand watered with coco/perlite as the medium. to flush, i simply put the pots in the bath tub and have an excessive run off of about 2x the pot's capacity as a minimum :D

for your system, i would let it recirculate for a day and then change to fresh water...i would also change the water for a second flushing the next day to ensure you get it all out of your system and then start back on normally feeding :( you'll have to re-apply the maverik in another 4-7 days to kill all the bugs that hatch from left over eggs and flush the plants again, but you wont see another bug for ages lol

Bunning does sell it here can be hard to find , watch what you buy because most of these sprays/powders are NOT designed for growing then smoking . always ask questions, ive gone to bunnings spoke to someone about a certin product (fungicide)and because he was so honest i walked out putting product back on shelf . Mavric is probly ok (dont know of the activ ingredients) as is comonly used but some/most can be bad for you . The stuff i use is toxic but when used correctly should cause no side effects, mix with gloves, when decantering use one measur cup and lable insecticide

try as a sprayfirst , most if good will show instant results sending bugs running with a quick death, i would not res it unless you are sure there is something in the pots, Pull it out have a look .

yeah theres definitlely something in the pots! when i spray the adults flying around the surface of the rockwool with mortein house and garden i can see their little maggot kids squirming on the surface (they dont like the residue of the spray lol.

im going to try this maverik thanks wantdachronic! ill probably only use it once though cause im 2.5 wks from harvest

ive made sure though that for the next one ive covered all the rockwool surface with panda plastic to prevent the algae formation cause ive been told that attracts sciarid in the first place