Wat to do??

Hi guys. the story goes, i was givin a plant that had been neglected, i dont know how old she is or anything about her, but ive been lookin after her a bit and she seems to be gettin alot more foliage on her, unfortunatly some of her leaves are gowing yellow, or dying off just at the tip of the leaf and curling up. Some of her leaves are fine thou, nice and green. She has her tounges and i can see little brown hairs commin from her privates. How do i fix the yellowing and dying of the leaves, and wat should i give her to help the buds come along?

This pic was takn when i first got it.

post-7005-1139103228_thumb.jpg

Was the plant involved in some sort of torture experiments?

The person that gave it to you wasn't into 'Standard Roses' by any chance?

As for your questions, to be able to help we need a bit more info:

Like what sort of soil is it in (just plain garden dirt or potting mix)

Have you been feeding it anything etc.

The more info the better the answers will be lol

i got this block of dry soil from coles and u have to break it up and add water, im not sure of wat it is called.

I give it just normal water mainly, but osmetimes i add this fish stuff into the water.

Also used this organic garden food pellets when i repotted it when i first got it.

Its growing as u can see and theres alot more foliage around the bottom of the stem, but as u said its stressed and i dont know wat to do?

You're growing in CoCo, CoCo is not soil, it's something completely different - similar to peat, but not acidic.

- Give it Seasol and/or superthrive once a week to reduce stress, seasol is easily available, moreso than superthrive. (And I prefer seasol to tell you the truth).

- Medium PH matters far more than the ph of your water when using CoCo and or soil ... get a "soil PH-test" kit and check your CoCo's PH, you want it to be anywhere from 6-7.2 or so.

- If planning on sticking with outdoor growing, get some maxicrop and charlie-carp to use alongside with seasol, you won't regret it, plus they're cheap ferts.

- CoCo isn't great for "pelletized" organic slow-release ferts they tend not to get through the medium but cause "hotspots" in the pot due to CoCo's huge water capacity - blood/bone or mixing in some compost or even straight cowshit will put some food into the substrate, better than "organic garden food pellets" for CoCo anyway.

- Above all - GIVE IT TIME, if you water with seasol, don't expect it to recover overnight, it'll take a few days to get over major stresses and start to power on the growth again.

Hope that helps, good luck with your plant! :shy: