boiling in sugar

Sort of right...

When picking cut flowers like poppies, and sunflowers the cut flower growers soak the bottom of the stems in boiling hot water to give the flower more vase life. It can be done with and plant stem I suppose...the idea is to seal the bottom so it 'stops' taking in any more fluid(water)

This method as mentioned by OP here can be looked at in a different way.

Let's just say you cut at the base and place the plant in water - the plant would most certainly take up the water(even without roots).

Now add the sugar...and soak - it still will take the sugared water. Whether it helps for sweetness or weight either one or both 100% ...can prove this? well I can try as if it wasn't for the hippy's we wouldn't be where we are today with regards to MJ.

Check out the rainbow rose

post-56859-144065650887_thumb.jpg

Step by step:

post-56859-144065663062_thumb.jpg

post-56859-144065664558_thumb.jpg

post-56859-144065667156_thumb.jpg

post-56859-144065669213_thumb.jpg

post-56859-144065671066_thumb.jpg

post-56859-1440656727_thumb.jpg

post-56859-144065674552_thumb.jpg

post-56859-144065676239_thumb.jpg

Presto! Rainbow rose or perhaps sweet coloured buds..?

This can also be done with MJ ;)

Edited by selectivesight

Hey Stoners, wow, so many ideas and emotions, about boiling a plants roots. Well I have to admit, I am one of those fucked old Hippys, had me first smoke in 1970, it was Durban Poison, straight of the boat from South Africa, back then there was virtualy no such thing as homegrown, every kind of weed or hash from around the world was availble,  no one was being busted, the law didnt know a fuck about weed back then, sadly, that all changed.

It became unrealistic to try and come home with a couple of oz of Afgany Black,or Samatran Marchin Grass. So the old Hippys tried everything to improve the potency of the then homegrown that was all that was about, most ideas were probably not affective, if any. Putting the plant thru some sort of stress to strenghten it was normal, boiling roots, braking limbs or stem, pieacing lower stem with screwdriver/nails, fuck, everyone had their ideas. Of course back then the only genes we new about were Levis.

You youngens are fortunate to have had accese to so much scientific reaserch, not to mention the shit we/old Hippys copped for 20/30 years before public opinion shifted, anyway, thats my idea, happy smokin.    

• Upvote 1

Sort of right...

When picking cut flowers like poppies, and sunflowers the cut flower growers soak the bottom of the stems in boiling hot water to give the flower more vase life. It can be done with and plant stem I suppose...the idea is to seal the bottom so it 'stops' taking in any more fluid(water)

This method as mentioned by OP here can be looked at in a different way.

Let's just say you cut at the base and place the plant in water - the plant would most certainly take up the water(even without roots).

Now add the sugar...and soak - it still will take the sugared water. Whether it helps for sweetness or weight either one or both 100% ...can prove this? well I can try as if it wasn't for the hippy's we wouldn't be where we are today with regards to MJ.

Check out the rainbow rose

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1440656505.800088.jpg

Step by step:

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1440656628.470742.jpg

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1440656643.561511.jpg

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1440656669.055689.jpg

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1440656689.218013.jpg

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1440656708.426021.jpg

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1440656721.467169.jpg

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1440656739.277276.jpg

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1440656756.750371.jpg

Presto! Rainbow rose or perhaps sweet coloured buds..?

This can also be done with MJ ;)

worth watching...does a "real life" experient...not what you think

• Upvote 1

After reading sativa diva's post thought I would share some of my memories. When i first started we went on raids of the wild crops you could still find around old prison farms from early settlement days, a lot of the well known growing areas before hydro were around old prison farms, if you had a good lawyer you could always get off with it was a wild plant. At these prison farm sights there were 3 types of weed a really tall variety over 12ft these 90% males and just kept shooting up for fiber production, the second was a shorter plant with huge loose heads and always had purple through it, was a good smoke through reserch we found these were for seed production for stock feed and oil. The third could of only been for smoke or they actually were using it for medicine, it never got over three foot and is the strongest smoke I have ever had still shits over all the modern versions, it used to produce so much resien that if temp got up around 40c we would put alfiol on the ground because it would drop oil, we kept that going for a long time about 10 years then we lost it, mainly through people being arrested and loosing the seed supply. This all stopped early 80's when the bikies and italians took over then if you were caught in the around the wild weed you would disappear or spend along time in hospital.

Thing I miss the most from the old days is hot knifing 3-5 star putty hash, the rush was so full on it would take your feet out from under you and you would hit the floor. 

:thumbsup:

Selectivesight that is truly amazing , never seen anything like this before......

I can see a market for female football team followers.........Oh just given the business plan away.....damn lol

haha...!

Hey Stoners, wow, so many ideas and emotions, about boiling a plants roots. Well I have to admit, I am one of those fucked old Hippys, had me first smoke in 1970, it was Durban Poison, straight of the boat from South Africa, back then there was virtualy no such thing as homegrown, every kind of weed or hash from around the world was availble, no one was being busted, the law didnt know a fuck about weed back then, sadly, that all changed.

It became unrealistic to try and come home with a couple of oz of Afgany Black,or Samatran Marchin Grass. So the old Hippys tried everything to improve the potency of the then homegrown that was all that was about, most ideas were probably not affective, if any. Putting the plant thru some sort of stress to strenghten it was normal, boiling roots, braking limbs or stem, pieacing lower stem with screwdriver/nails, fuck, everyone had their ideas. Of course back then the only genes we new about were Levis.

You youngens are fortunate to have had accese to so much scientific reaserch, not to mention the shit we/old Hippys copped for 20/30 years before public opinion shifted, anyway, thats my idea, happy smokin.

thank you for the time travel sir - it would of been such good times. we owe people like yourself so much. Thank you.

worth watching...does a "real life" experient...not what you think

thanks. I deal with these kind of things everyday actually(without giving to much away here - especially chrysanthemums which have the same process to them. the first picture I showed here was an import from holland where they have perfected it. In the future I am wanting to try this on flowering kale - one of my favourite flowers. Thanks for the vid!

After reading sativa diva's post thought I would share some of my memories. When i first started we went on raids of the wild crops you could still find around old prison farms from early settlement days, a lot of the well known growing areas before hydro were around old prison farms, if you had a good lawyer you could always get off with it was a wild plant. At these prison farm sights there were 3 types of weed a really tall variety over 12ft these 90% males and just kept shooting up for fiber production, the second was a shorter plant with huge loose heads and always had purple through it, was a good smoke through reserch we found these were for seed production for stock feed and oil. The third could of only been for smoke or they actually were using it for medicine, it never got over three foot and is the strongest smoke I have ever had still shits over all the modern versions, it used to produce so much resien that if temp got up around 40c we would put alfiol on the ground because it would drop oil, we kept that going for a long time about 10 years then we lost it, mainly through people being arrested and loosing the seed supply. This all stopped early 80's when the bikies and italians took over then if you were caught in the around the wild weed you would disappear or spend along time in hospital.

Thing I miss the most from the old days is hot knifing 3-5 star putty hash, the rush was so full on it would take your feet out from under you and you would hit the floor.

respect bro!

About 20 years ago when I did my first few small grows I did the sugar thing.  Not in boiling water though, just boil the water to help dissolve the sugar and then let it cool down just a little before dunking the root ball in the bucket and leaving it there for a while.  Think I got the idea from a book I'd bought to get me started on hydro growing, but can't remember the reason given, if one was.  I just did it to try and enhance the sweet flavour.

Did it make any difference, probably not.  Is it worth the hassle, probably not.  Did it do any harm, absolutely not.  So give it a go if you want.  As for adding weight or pushing the THC out, wouldn't make any difference to potency of the buds anyway, what's there is what's there, whether it's inside or out, and a burst of hydration into the plant won't make any difference to dry weight.  Suppose that if it somehow forced a bit more resin to the outside it would be good for hash makin, but if you're that worried about getting all the resin out just make some oil instead.

I just find these days with more and bigger plants, combined with having to keep things more low key than I used to, that I simply couldn't do it if I wanted to.  But even so, based on my experience, flushing well, drying slowly, and curing gets plenty of flavour, and growing to full maturity using trich colour rather than the mostly red pistils thing I used to do makes for better potency and stone.  Good weed is good weed, you don't need to add sugar or anything else.

• Upvote 3