boiling in sugar

i have to plants growing and i was told when they are ready to harvest i should cut the plant just above the soil and then sit it in a pot of boiling sugar(and water), this will supposedly push the resin from the rest of the plant into the buds.Any you guys ever heard of this? is it accurate?

I would warrent a guess that the only thing you would do is cordorize the end of the stem :baaasmiley:

boiling your buds in sugar water??? I've come across some wacky harvesting ideas in my time but this is the worst, for so many reasons.

Boiling your buds in water will:

1. Degrade the thc content through heat and you would also shake loose a fair bit of resin from the buds in the boiling process.

2. May cause mould problems if you don't dry them carefully

3. Make your buds smoke like shit because they have sugar on them. Don't believe me? Put some sugar in your mix and smoke it. It won't taste sweet, it will taste like shit.

So if you like a really weak smoke that tastes like shit, boiling your plant in sugar water might be for you.

btw, there is no resin in the rest of the plant to be pushed into the buds as your friend says. Resin is produced on the buds.

To confirm this try smoking some stem after your harvest and see how high it makes you... :whistling

actually thats missinformed irght there...all trimmings have resin on them, not much compared to the buds but they stil have it, for isntance you can smoke the leaves and get high, not the fan leaves but the other ones, adn tons of people make hash out of leaves

When i 1st got into the growing game when i was a lot younger i kenw these 2 old hippys that use to do the same thing boil up some water and add some sugar, but what they use to do is rip the plant out of the ground wash all the dirt off the root mass and then put the root mass in boiling sugar water.

And when asked why they did it you would get a diffrent answer each time you asked, so i dont think they really knew why they were doing they just did it...

:applause:

Yeah , I think Its probably a waste of time , but some people almost swear by it ...

Like Ozmade said basically but soak the roots in HOT water Not Boiling water with or without some sugar , honey , Liquer etc.

It sucks up some of the solution fairly quickly and all the leaves will stand back up over 5-10 mins or thereabouts.

The theory as I know it is ,

That It gives the plant a quick final flushing , can infuse a slightly different taste/aroma

and keeps thecalyxs' well swollen when cutting and hanging to dry to retain the "fullness" and Weight of the Budz.

:)

Good theory , Dunno if it has any benefits ... But it is a very old method used by quite a few old experienced MJ growers/farmers. B)

B)

I'll ask more about next time I'm smokin with an old mate who does it ...

And next season I might try It with two of the same type of plants , one with one without , and see if there is any discernable difference. :scratchin: I'm curious about it and have seen It done ...

:doh:

O.k. ByeAll ...

Budman ... Out. (Standing in a bucket of beer trying to infuse flavour and drunkenness .. Well ... sortof) :doh:

:peace:

(P.s. There is extremely little of anything of worth in the Stems except strong useful fibre and chemicals , dont smoke em.)

(P.s.s. Dont stick your Buds in boiling water , hehehe , or any water I reckon. :))

Bye Now.