Got Powdery Mildew?

Powdery mildew is a fungal disease that affects a wide range of plants. It is one of the easier diseases to spot, as its symptoms are quite distinctive. Infected plants will display white powder-like spots on the leaves and stems. The lower leaves are the most affected, but the mildew can appear on any part of the plant that shows above the ground. As the disease progresses, the spots get larger and thicker as massive numbers of spores form, and the mildew spreads up and down the length of the plant.

Milk fungicide: One part of full-cream milk to 10 parts water. Mix well and it's ready to use, cover every part of the plant, both sides of the leaves and the stems.

Take care, too much milk in the mixture can promote sooty mould.

:blink:

tom do u ever buy chem or do u just look in the fridge ev time something goes wrong 

for ev1 else look at some reviews and buy some chem dont get a blender and some milk

You need to wake up cobber :thumbdown :scratchin - Tom, myself and a great deal of other people who use these fixes deal in Facts not fiction !

These are tried and proven methods used by professional growers of many different types of plants world wide. :thumbs

You ever read the ingredients of "white oil" - think man think !

Edited by maxgrow

milk powder or fresh milk? so milk is going to reverse mould or prevent it i thought adding more moisture would be bad i have had my problems with mould i found a A/C good air flow , no foliar in flower and healthy conditions have seen me get rid off 95% of mould . this is really only a problem if it hits hard if you remove the ifected areas as they appear you can hold it back till harvest this grow i lost two big tight buds they were too close to each other with alot of tangled leaves not alowing any air flow after cutting the bud it was only in the centre of buds and started at the intersection of fan leaf and stem . Ferengi what chem are you refering to ?

Sorry to bring up such a old post but does anyone have a pic of powdery mildew. I belive to have noticed it on the fan leaves of a plant. If i'm not mistaken it looks similar like a sweat stain on a black shirt. Can someone please verify this and possibly show me a pic. Thanks in advance.

The 10:1 water/milk trick is known to work well- but you have to use unpasteurised whole milk.

Not an item I've seen at Woolies. Where can you buy unpasteurised milk?

Is this managed by good ventilation? What cause's this? Vent problems, high humidity, heat?

Cool temps and high humidity in lights off along with insufficient air circ will trigger it.

I've got some going right now and I'm MOST annoyed... I keep temps between 20 & 24, humidity normally under 50% in lights on, never above 57% in lights off, have osc circ fans in every corner and a dehumidifier going 24/7 and STILL am getting the stuff. Grr. Guess I'll add more circ fans... *shrug*