oxyplus vs dm guardian vs microbial vs pythoff

Pythium is everywhere just waiting for the right conditions, it is active across a range and more prevalent in warmer climates , the key is not allowing the disease a host , be carefull early if your plants bog down during the early phase of cloning and transplant cycle pythium will get in if its in the source water which is its fastest mode of transfer, you can have good source water and a pile of moldy leaf in the corner and this can pass it on , its a bastard of a pathogen , it preys on plants that are stressed especially when they are too wet .

Pythium in mild form can slow cloning up to 3wks and produce lower yeilds in what other wise look like healthly plants , this is where its sneaky because it just slows everything down , you can have different degrees of it from mild to servere it can knock your yeild back 15% and you dont even know you have it , with normal doasges of treatments you are not killing it just keeping it in check .

Pythium in severe form will knock over beautiful cuttings inside 4 days .

Pythium can be carried by a mother and cuttings from her have it .

I believe the recomended dosages for products like Pythoff and Calclear etc are not strong enough to kill it when used in a planted system , to not hurt the plants is the main deal and the dosages reflect this , if you have a pythium problem this dosage is not strong enough , I want to eradicate it not maintain it , I worked out a method that I wrote in another thread that will guarrentee a Pythium free system ,, my last 3 lots of cuttings have roots coming out of 75ml cubes in 4 to 6 days , the mothers have leaves like velvet with the tips like fresh lettuce ,, I knew Pyth was still giving me problems following recomended dosages , I fought Pythium and I won :)

Rod