what do fungus knats do? can we live with them

hey thc and the gang

i checked yesterday after using the mavrik as a drench at 5ml per litre in the rockwool medium and allowing the runoff to flow back into the reservoir

happy to say that the ladies were ok (ie no harmful effects from the mavrik).

i flushed the medium with weak nute and microbial mix to get all the mavrik out after 2 days. and dumped the res

the yellow sticky trap did reveal some adult flies (4) and i found a few buggers flying around which i hit with the mortein house and garden (i didnt foliar spray with the mavrik as im only 2 wks from harvest)

i didnt see any larvae though!

i will leave it for 5 days, then maybe do another mavrik drench. but might just let it run its course now as there loooking pretty good and dont think the few fly's would have much effect the last week b/f chop

Hi KL ,

sounds like you have made it out the other end spider mite tunnel, they can be bad specially the ones that spot the leaves found those to be very amune to store bought insceticides, Its a great feeling when your room is back under your control. the larve im unsure what you speak of but assume its the grub like thing that comes with that munches on roots they can get huge once had one about half the length of index finger they are nasty .

sorry KL, Yep im so confused very hot here and been smoking way to much.

Normally when i get bugs i have them all .

Paul thanks mate, yes did read that thread. This time of the year spider mites at there worst so i recon 50% of grower around here have them in small amounts as they are only a problem when out of control and breeding faster than you can kill.

Scarid fly pain in the arse arnt they very hard to get rid of completly your best bet is a good clean after grow. KL you have had a coupl of issue of late but if you get a respone like that from me give me an internet slap behind the ears. Prevention is tricky with the flies vent nets should help but mostly come in on your clothes from other plants and veg room. All i do for control is to use the insecticide before numbers get high,.

did you get any yellowing/pale of new growth with the mavric in res?

i used lorsban once on cuts and slowed growth and went slightly yellow for a week or so but with no lasting damage.

Only 4 adult flies dose nt sound that bad my strips are bug covered by end of grow they sure love the colour of those strips.

hi thc didnt see any additional yellowing from the mavrik. there has been some yellowing all week from the pk 13/14 which tends to do that. i think lorsban is a lot stronger than mavrik though, and i only used it at half the recommended dose just in case.

in the future when i see any flies im going to hit them quick smart with mavrik. forget about the microbial - ive given up on that stuff. ill just use h202 and pesticides when needed!