Soapy Tobbaco Mix/Liquid

Guest Urbanhog

Guest Urbanhog

I was looking up the old 420 Australia, see if any good old postings may be worthwhile adding to this new forum. I found my Soapy Tobacco Mix that was in the old forum, it worked for some bug problems, so I have added here:

Soapy Tobacco Mix:

* Get a small packet of the cheapest rollies tobacco you can find, like "Winfeild" or whatever the cheapest, or if you have contact get some of that "chop chop" blackmarket tax-free backyard grown tobacco, you only need about 30grams, or use whole packet cheap smokes like "Holiday's" or "Horzion's" (either 30's or 50's) - throw away the papers/filters.

* Get about 1.5 litres of boiling hot water, and get some soap from bottom of your bath or shower, you don't need much, otherwise use tiny drop of dishwashing liquid, make it really soapy as you can (not too much as if you are having bubble bath),

* chuck the tobacco in the soapy water, and let it soak overnight, then drain it. Store it in a large jar or whatever and use it when needed.

* Get a clean spray bottle, put about 30-40% Soapy Tobacco mix with 60-70% water

* Spray towards the pest and bugs and the branches (it might be good idea if you take the plant away from the light if it's on as pre-caution because I have heard stories about growers sprayed on the plants when the light was hot, and tiny drops of water can break the globe) I don't know about this, but I wouldn't spray too much towards the buds, it's just my opinion, I don't want soapy tasting buds.

* If the bug/pest population doesn't lessen in couple of days, maybe increase the soapy/water ratio.

* If this mix is for outdoor crop, you can add crushed garlic to the tobacco mix, because nearly all bugs HATE garlic, BUT don't use the added garlic mix in indoor crop, it will STINK the growroom, and also don't spray this stuff (the garlic added receipe) on outdoor crop that's couple of weeks away from harvest, you don't want garlic tasting buds right??

* Other good reason to grow Tobacco in your backyard, they don't need much care, they are WEEDS in some states, I have some in my backyard, I just water them and lacking TLC to them, they growing well.

Hope this will help some growers.

Cheers Urbanhog.

Guest Urbanhog

Yeah True, argee with you Happyherb, BUT.....

thats what I first heard, but I went ahead, and just be very careful, just spray lightly, it worked for me, but it might won't work for others, I guess it's all about luck, (maybe this isn't the right word), maybe it will stuff up your crop used tobacco heavy like all the time, have a ciggie before you go to the growroom without washing your hands first, etc.. I guess everyone as different opinions....I am just a pot-cook not a grower!! ::):

I used my tobacco spray few times, only to lower/destory the these little green flies I dunno what they called, ask stonedas he'll know, I used about 4-5 times, not all the time, and still worked without affecting my crop... as my tobacco spray is mixed with water to make it weaker??

But I would rather use tobacco to control pests/bugs than using these toxic chemicals..... :ph34r:

ok! well we can just call it pot-luck he!he!he! ::ph34r:: .but i just had to add my bit so outhers can be mindful that ther could be a danger.as i have said in a post i am now trying a product called confidor i have been told that that is a safe product to use ,but even then i wont be spraying when buds are present...happy herb...

Ok i tried this once to get rid of red spiders/mites off my white widow indoor crop..........

having seen my mate import predator mites at great expense and hassle to f&%K all effect really i got thinkin cos i was lookin at the leaves they come on , yeh the leaves they originally grow em on which they breed profusely on ........

so.... i dunno wot leaves they are but they must like juicy ones that hide em from the lights i thinks, so i go outside and get some of the girlfriends plants called "impatience" (leafy green plant wiv pwetty pink flowers - ask mum) grows in anything - in most neglected rental property gardens! :rolleyes:

anyway i chuck a handful of branches at the top of the cupboard i grow in just under the light b4 lights out suspended on wire

morning time!

well lordy! all the lil bugs moved house din they? so i get the impatience branches n hoi the fux in the bin!

1 point for this grower!

and.... yeh say 10% of em were still there when i harvested so i did the same again while they were hung upside down dryin i put the branches above the dope plants and once the bugs realised the pot wuz dead and green stuff above the rest bailed onto it and into muh binski!

worth a try if u got nothin left and please let me know if you try this and it works cos it saved my bug ridden ass once!

B)

p.s i tried every organic spray under the sun and all did f'all cept make ya dope taste like chilli peppers! :angry: