small white spots

ok i'll try not to panic. i'll read up on spidermites - i assume they're the most likely culprit?

Yeah, have a look at the underside of the leaf with a magnifying glass and see if you have any little round eggs there, if you have then it's spider mites for sure. You can either spend 2 - 3 weeks spraying with poisons and hope you get them all or you can spend around $40 on predator mites and let them do all the work for you, having used both methods I would go with the predators, I got mine from the Beneficial Bug Company.

;)

spider mites for sure :thumbdown you'd wanna clip off every infested leaf and then hit them with either a product like "Maverik" which is made by yates and costs like $15 OR get some predator mites to eat them up...now i havent used the predator mites before, but i have heard great things because they are non toxic + once all the spider mites are dead, they starve and die off leaving you with a healthy bug free plant :thumbsup Maverik on the other hand is a potent bug killer and will require 2-3 weeks of use + it shouldnt be used on flowering plants so do what ever you can as soon as you can before those spider mites get the upper hand :thumbdown

if i get hold of some predator mites, can i get away with not removing the affected leaves? i'm planning on only growing small plants - in fact i was about to encourage them to flower when i noticed this problem - so i'd rather lose as little vegetation as possible

will the predators eat the eggs or should i wait for the eggs to hatch before doing anything? how quickly do newborn spidermites bugger up the plant?

thanks for everyone's help

i've ordered some predator mites

but then this morning i noticed there's lots of tiny white bugs running around in the soil beneath the plants. i couldn't see any on the plants themselves. any idea what these would be?

also my lower leaves are yellowing. this is probably nitrogen deficiency so i'm now watering with fish tank water which should have plenty of nitrates in it

growing marijuana is very educational, everyone should do it