By Request -- Vapir ONE v3.0 Modification Tutorial

Well not that anyone seems to care, I managed to get mine replaced with a working one. lol

I've got to say that in it's original state, this baby works alright, even if it does leak all over the place. I do like the temp readout.

I've already pulled it apart to see what would be involved in sealing one internally, and it really doesn't look that difficult at all. I'm going to give it a try and if I succeed I will post a guide.

To anyone else wanting to try the same thing, to get one apart you have to remove the six screws then pull the case apart handle end first. There is a plastic retainer on the heater side. It's very easy. The 6th screw is hiding under the plastic strap block, just undo the two baby screws to get at it.

My current thoughts are:

1 to add a short plastic cylinder of some sort to seal between the fan and the plastic below the heating element.

2 use some rtv (hi temp) silicon to seal the bottom of the heating element to the plastic above the fan

3 route a shallow circular groove in the top of the drawer and glue on a rubber O ring to seal between the top of the drawer and the plastic above it.

4 place some piece of rubber to seal the little space between the handle and the heater

5 remove the top piece and the metal/rubber thingy inside, and force the hose onto the metal thing. You should be able to put it back together so the top lid is now placing pressure on the metal/rubber cone thing against the plastic above the drawer.

Hopefully I shall return with some photos and tales of success.

Well it is a little noisy, when on high. Although I'm sure the volume of mine has changed since I bought it. Sometimes it's bearable whereas other times it's annoying.

But it's not awful, it's just a bit whiney.

It does seem strange that with the wide variety of cheap high quality computer fans out there, Vapir decided to build there own out of a hobby motor and a propeller. It's not very stable, rattles when you shake it, is not very effective and it's noisy.

I've changed my initial plans of trying to seal this fan up and I'm currently looking for a 30mm 12V computer fan to replace it with. The ones I've found in the US claim to produce half as much noise as the original, and there bound to be much better built.

I'd prefer to find one in oz though. Can't be bothered shipping a $15 part from the US.

This information all seems very useful and I'd just like to thank ColdFrixion for his constructive input on the product.

Unfortunately though, I'm unable to see any of the pictures in which you detail the process of taping the unit. If, by any chance you can e-mail them to me, that'd be great. coroncho297@yahoo.com

Thanks in advance, and long live the herb!