By Request -- Vapir ONE v3.0 Modification Tutorial

:peace: [Pipeman] has got it right there crap get a real vaporizer get a volcano vaporizer, none of that kinder shit you put up with [leaks] are a no no , volcanos are the rollsroyce of the vapes do ya self a faver and save up and get one from freewheel there $850.00, plus freight about $15.00 :guitar: :xcited: :wacko: :peace: sorry if i was a bit hard on your vape but i onley by the best , save up. :thumbsup:

Give me a break, please. Right, like you really need a Rolls Royce to travel from one point to another. Who gives a rats ass if a different brand car can go from 0 to 60 in 3 seconds, it's not a Rolls Royce! What a crock of shit.

dude I'm not saying the thing doesn't work. I own one myself, well used to, before I accidently threw it out :xcited: I just don't think they're value for money.

why do you want me to take a video of my hotplate making vapour? pretty pointless IMO. (besides I don't have a video camera)

anyway who cares. this isn't an argument, I'm not trying to prove anything, just offering my opinion for those that may be looking at making their first vape purchase. :thumbsup:

btw, have you ever tried smoking oil in it? The instructions say you can do it but I was always afraid of the oil leaking through the mesh screen so never tried it...

dude, have you ever tried just a hotplate model? Believe me I have spent thousands on vapourisers over the years and have tried most of the types available. Its true the more expensive models are MARGINALLY better. But not worth the money IMO. With practice you can get your hotplate working just about as good as any of the more expensive ones. They are not quite as good for weed, but for hash and oil I think they're actually superior to units such as the vapir and aromazap.

There's no comparison between a hotplate and convection vaporizer, in my opinion. Have you even used a Vapir v3.0? It's virtually impossible overcook herb in a Vapir v3. If you like the hotplate method though, knock yourself out.

I mean if you got the money, sure try one of the fancy models. But you are paying 500% more for something that is 5% better IMO. Thats my main problem with the vapir. You're not getting value for money. If you want the best get a volcano, if you want value for money and pretty much the same vapour as everyone else get a hotplate. The agung ones with the jar top are the best. (not the dome ones)

Like I say, if it's only 5% better then post some video showing the terrific results you (or others) seem to be getting.

yeah man I had the vapir 3. Thats the model that came out with the bags right? Well anyway, I had the vapir 2, and also the the next model that came out with the bags, whatever they called that.

as for video I really don't understand. I could post a video (in theory, if I had a camera) of my jar top hotplate vape filling with vapour, but what would that prove?

I really don't understand why you think the vapir3 is so much better than a hotplate. So I ask you the question you asked me, have you tried a hotplate vape with the same weed you use in the vapir? Cause they both get me ripped, they both make vapour (not smoke) so I really can't see why anyone would say the vapir is so much better?

PS - You didn't answer my question about the oil...

Edited by pipeman

dude I'm not saying the thing doesn't work. I own one myself, well used to, before I accidently threw it out :thumbsup: I just don't think they're value for money.

why do you want me to take a video of my hotplate making vapour? pretty pointless IMO. (besides I don't have a video camera)

Well, your claim is that units like the Vapir are really only 5% better. I could never agree with that claim because in my experience it's not true at all. I can respect your opinion, but in my opinion I've tried to do more than simply offer my opinion, but more offer some sort of objective proof.

btw, have you ever tried smoking oil in it? The instructions say you can do it but I was always afraid of the oil leaking through the mesh screen so never tried it...

I don't care what the instructions say, I'd never try it either.

For me, the difference between the hotplate and Vapir is the density of vapor and the air ratio mixed in. When using a bag with my modified unit, I found the vapor to be very dense within the relatively large confines of the bag attachment. Moreover however, I can achieve approx. three inhalations per bag, making it very convenient to disconnect the bag from the machine and sit back while enjoying the vapor. I never took to whip style devices anyway because I've always been disappointed with what I considered inconsistent results.

In addition, I like having a digital readout as well as the ability to adjust the termperature to taste. The fact the smoking materials never actually come into contact with the actual heating element is also a bonus, in my opinion. As I said, it's nearly impossible to overcook your herbs with this machine.

While it's true it does leak and tape improves performance, the overall unit is very well designed in most all other respects, in my opinion.

I would prefer a Volcano myself though. They're great machines, in my opinion. It just would've cost me over three times as much, putting it out of my price range. For what I paid and the time I spent taping up the Vapir though, I feel I got a really, really good deal. Of course I would gladly trade my Vapir for a Volcano though!

A hotplate may be just the thing for someone who doesn't want to commit to a more expensive purchase however. If they like the results, they can always look into something a little more advanced. If that was your point then I agree.

those are all valid points you make.

on the temperature control issue that gave me an idea. Do you think I could install a temperature control on my hotplate unit? It would be a matter of getting some sort of "dimmer" control suitable for the current the thing draws, and wiring it in between the switch and the unit. You wouldn't know what temp it was, but you could adjust the dial up and down to get the result you like best...

atm I control the temp through turning the thing on and off. Its a bit tricky but comes with practice. hmm thinking about it I've probably fired up a hotplate vape at least a thousand times so yeah its almost automatic :thumbsup:

heh, i doubt that'd be too easy do to pipeman. i know vapir had patented their digital temp thing, but you should've kept your old unit! :thumbsup:

As you said, you get the hang of vaping after doing it day after day for a few years. And I honestly reckon that any vape (heh, even light-bulb and test tube ones) could work well if you got the technique down and practiced 24/7.

Just wish hotplates were cheaper so that vapes might become a bit more mainstream, one day...one day.... :xcited:

those are all valid points you make.

on the temperature control issue that gave me an idea. Do you think I could install a temperature control on my hotplate unit? It would be a matter of getting some sort of "dimmer" control suitable for the current the thing draws, and wiring it in between the switch and the unit. You wouldn't know what temp it was, but you could adjust the dial up and down to get the result you like best...

atm I control the temp through turning the thing on and off. Its a bit tricky but comes with practice. hmm thinking about it I've probably fired up a hotplate vape at least a thousand times so yeah its almost automatic lol

lol I think it's called a thermometer B)