Pruning with spider mites?

I have spider mites indoors, had the spots for a while for a few weeks now, just started seeing the webbing. I am/was just about to start flowering. Should I remove the highly dammaged leaves so the plant will not waste energy trying to repair or salvage them?

No, the only thing you need to remove is the mites and as soon as possible, check out this link for Preditor mites.

:peace:

Yes remove the foliage that is most infected. If you are able to see webbing (easily seen if you mist the plants) then they have started to multiply to the point were you will have trouble eradicating the mites. Try using Kelthane or another product that is specifically aimed towards mites. With the mixture you used it's more of a holding technique that will keep the mites in check at best. The mixture you made and use probably at best just disrupts or slows there life cycle.

IPM is a sustainable solution but it isn't really practical for the mj grower. You have to pay (quite high prices) for predators that really isn't a guaranteed solution. Then you have to wait for the predators and the quality of the predators is always a unknown factor which you cant control :smoke

IPM is a sustainable solution but it isn't really practical for the mj grower. You have to pay (quite high prices) for predators that really isn't a guaranteed solution. Then you have to wait for the predators and the quality of the predators is always a unknown factor which you cant control
Sorry man, but that's pretty much bullshit. They're cheap as, work a treat and I recieved top quality predators from The Beneficial Bug Co It's a fast, reliable service. And I'd hardly call around $39 a high price for 1000 predators that'll bust through your GR and chomp up all the nasty little spidermites (eggs and all) within the week.

I'd personally go the predators if the infestation is severe, you'll probably just end up making your girls sick from constant pesticide dosing. The mites become almost resilient in the end to whatever pesticide is being used and they just keep on comin back :thumbdown

Been there, done that. Got me some predators, haven't had spidermites since :thumbsup

Edit: Am still a bit pissy and think I should sober up or my posts are going to start getting fuzzy :peace:

Sorry man, but that's pretty much bullshit. They're cheap as, work a treat and I recieved top quality predators from The Beneficial Bug Co It's a fast, reliable service. And I'd hardly call around $39 a high price for 1000 predators that'll bust through your GR and chomp up all the nasty little spidermites (eggs and all) within the week.

No it's not bullshit and I know what your exactly ordering and using Chev. The location that you get these mites from are the university that I attended for 4 years. It's actually the Richmond (not Hawkesbury) campus to students who go there or to country boys they still refer to it as Hawkesbury Agriculture College (go HAC !).

I've done many lab experiments with mites and there predators (have you Chev?)and when I say they are expensive I said that knowing I get them for free while YOU pay $40 ::peace:: . Now I don't expect eveyone to have contacts to free predators so in terms of cost versus something that you can apply immediantly its more often than not more practical to the average mj grower to apply some sort of chemical/pesticide.

Yes IPM is the prefered sustainable method for insect prevention/eradication but even that is not a guaranteed solution otherwise they would state that on there web page. With predators you have to arrange/wait for the delivery etc whereas with a spray at least you can apply immediantly and the few days that you would have waited for the predator's could have been the difference between saving or loosing the plant.

Edited by sydneyguy