advice on grow space and first dwc setup

hi all,

apologies for cross post to hydroponics forum and here, i guess its relevant to both, if you have any advice im all ears, thanks!!

my first dwc setup, seems to be going well, wondering if anyone has any feedback or suggestions about how im going about things. sorry no digicam pics as yet, im sure youve seen a tub and a plant before anyway :rolleyes:

i have 2 x 80L black tubs with removable lids and 3 x 250mm holes jigsawed in each lid. then have 2 x 30cm air stones in each each air stone receiving ~4750cc/min (9500cc/min/tub) each tub has a 1" hole at the base connected a gate valve. the gate valve with a piece of clear pipe serves to monitor the water level inside the tub without opening the lid and disturbing the plants, or to simply drain the contents of the tub.

my grow space is a reasonable cupboard space about 2.2M x .8M with a 400w hps. 240V scares me and didnt give me the flexibility i needed so ive got a 12V, 2A regulated power supply in the shelf above and exhaust is done by an array of dampened 12V 12x12cm brushless server fans, some inline the exhaust for extra-boost. exhaust into the roof space at the top, intake from the wall cavity at the bottom. cupboard is sealed off to the room. total exhaust capacity is in the order of 400CFM (~10m3/min). i have a ozone machine i can plug in to the exhaust line if required but it is generally unused. im in a warm climate and its summer so the lights are on 12/12 during the night and off during the day to try and smooth out the ambient temp a bit more. 3 more secondary fans simulate wind and circulate air within the grow space to try and turn out stronger stems that can support heavier buds.

im using canna nutes. first week i was 1/4 and then 1/2 next and now full nutes.. ph is about 5.5-6, im draining the tub completely once a week, and topping up with water from the rainwater tank daily. im also using oxy plus hydrogen peroxide (1/4 strength) every few days to try and jack up the oxygenation inside the tub. i was using nitrozyme when the plants were in veg and earthjuice catalyst now they are in flower, also at 1/4-1/2 strength.

series 2 will have a control tub with a float valve.

any other recommendations anyone can make? :devilred:

Important Information

By using the community in any way you agree to our Terms of Use and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.