Big Probelm...

i feel for your situation, do you have any friends that grow that could throw you a few cuttings? if not, then i would take cuttings and hope for the best :)

if you take cuttings that have the infection and move them into a different room, sadly they'll still be infected ;) take cuttings from the newest growth and hope for the best, thats about all i can say really ;)

*weedman* - I strongly would reconsider that fusarium is your problem - this is not that common, and there are many varieties of the fungus causing a multitude of problems.

Disease symptoms: Initial symptoms of vascular wilt include vein clearing and leaf epinasty, followed by stunting, yellowing of the lower leafs, progressive wilting of leaves and stem, defoliation and finally death of the plant. In cross-sections of the stem, a brown ring is sometimes evident in the area of the vascular bundles. Some formae speciales are not primarily vascular pathogens but cause foot and rootrot or bulbrot.

oldtimer1  ........

Grumpy Old Git!

Style of Grow:Organic

I hate to say this but that looks like fusarium. Although air born it can also come on seeds.

I'm sorry but I can't positively ID your problem. There is a plaque of this happening in Holland at the moment and they are not talking about it much, ie they don’t seem to want people to know. The only people who are, are canna. There is some info on their site.

UK420 post

The problem is identifying the cause specifically and is one of the most wrongly diagnosed problems.

As all have said steralize everything including your cloths. Soz about the cost of your beans. The major problem with it in the UK & Holland of all places.

Yep try taking clones - if it don't work think of what you will learn.

Clean beans and clean start. Hint : :whistling Coco is a sterile medium :)

Edited by nitram

if worse comes to worse, clean out the grow room, go to planet skunk and buy some nirvana seeds, some are as cheap as $24 if i remember correctly :reallyexcited: while they are not the best seeds, they are better than most bagseed and chances are if you plant all the seeds you get, you will find a decent female to rape for cuttings and overgrow your grow room :)

Fusarium which is a fungus that includes varieties like Pythium, Fusarium, mildew and Botrytisa are mild forms that generaly attack plants if, for one reason or another, the plant is WEAK or STRESSED, or if the conditions are ideal for the mould to thrive. In contrast to the mild varieties that until now have been familiar, there is also a far less known but very aggressive variety Fusarium variety, which can cause immense damage to your plants in the cultivation room (Canna 1999).

Tens of thousands of mould varieties exist that can live in water as well as soil. They primarily flourish at a relatively low pH (as opposed to bacteria), therefore, acidic soils relatively contain more moulds. One of the most notorious varieties in agriculture is Fusarium (Canna 1999)

Combating Fusarium- there are several commercially available fungicides that generally work against moulds, but not specifically Fusarium. Some authorities reccomend using these. But since these fungicides do not work adequately and the danger of infection remains high, we (Canna) advise you not to use them. Industrial hygiene is , at this point, the best remedy in the fight against Fusarium. This means that everything that could possibly be infected-nutrient water, mats, drippers, scissors etc -must be disinfected, or rather replaced. Next to that, whoever comes in contact with the plant and therefore mould spores, must disinfect them-selves by washing there hands and wearing clean clothes. In tomato agriculture, Trichoderma harzian is being used to slow the growth of Fusarium. Currently it is not clear whether Trichoderma also has an inhibiting effect on this Fusarium variety in Cannabis (Canna 1999).

It is, however, known that the application of Trichoderma reduces the risk of Fusarium infection. Trichoderma therefore, not be used in order to control of Fusarium infection, but should be applied as a preventative measure (Canna 1999).

The earth is inhabited by thousands of different varieties of the TRICHODERMA mould. TRICHODERMA harzianum (Tri002/3) is the only variety that has a scientifically-proven stimulating and resistance-increasing effect on the root environment and the chitinase production of the plant resulting in a better root development, more root hairs and increased excretion of enzymes and hormones. As a result the plant gains more vitality and develops much better.

TRI 002: These granules have a positive effect on the production and the growth of the plant because they colonise the mould around the root system. They must be mixed with soil and provide for a strong and balanced growth of the mould. As a result of this, the development of other negative moulds and micro-organisms is greatly reduced.

Visible results of this product are the increased vitality of the plant and that the roots are more developed. TRI 003 is a pure, water-soluble powder that facilitates the growth in young plants as well as in its cuttings and its roots. It suppresses micro-organisms and therefore has a positive effect on the balance between soil organisms. TRICHODERMA can be used with all growing systems.

post-6583-1134979446_thumb.jpg

© 2004 CANNA INTERNATIONAL BV - all rights reserved

DISCLAIMER & PRIVACY @ WWW.CANNA-AU.COM

what do yall think? should I risk fucking up my new growroom with infected clones or should I just throw my money down the drain by killing them? btw if I did start a new grow itd probably be some shitty schwag seeds and the whole grow(not counting drying curing) needs to be done around the ides of march :devilred:....(around the middle of march) Edited by *weedman*

I don't even know how successful the clones would turn out but any clones from a damaged/diseased plant will probably carry the disease to the cuttings. As Canna says prevention is better than cure so maybe try the canna coco next time as it has Trichoderma already in the mix. I have used this stuff for years and haven't encountered any problems with Fusarium. I didnt realise that Fusarium was that bad and evil until you had the problem and I decided to do a bit of research myself.

I think it would be worth purchasing canna coco for future use as this Fusarium fungus sounds like the equivalent of aids or that chicken/bird flu virus that is spreading like wildfire around the world-there was even a post where the person mentioned a plague of Fusarium in Holland. I was thinking of switching to a cheaper medium before, but after your post I'll stick with the canna coco as it's proven to be a winner time after time :devilred:

well thanks for all the help I guess I should probably go take out my anger on my plants. If theres gonna be another grow I will try to find some canna coco, but the closest store to anything like a garden shop is walmart so I dont think they would have that....There is a garden center about 40 minutes away, but they mostly carry stuff like pots, birdfeeders, and things like that....Are schwag seeds even worth planting? damn I was looking foward to some good bud from some good seeds, so this is definitely a let down. Edited by *weedman*