Big Probelm...

If I clone these should I also cut the branches that are down by the bottom where the split is at? The disease isnt going to be carried on to to the clones will it? Someone said it was some fungus called fusarium...

its might make it to the clones, its a risk you have to take but while the clones are rooting, do an extremely detailed clean of the grow room making sure to get into every single corner, pot, everywhere with bleach and then wash it all down. that will kill off anything nasty in the grow room (or atleast should) and if the clones make it, they'll have a clean growroom to go back to :)

I have some old info on it for you

What is fusarium? This is nicked from an agriculture research site.

----------------

Taxonomy: Vascular wilt fungus; Ascomycete although sexual stage is yet to be found. The most closely related teleomorphic group, Gibberella, is classified within the Pyrenomycetes.

Host range: Very broad at the species level. More than 120 different formae speciales have been identified based on specificity to host species belonging to a wide range of plant families.

Disease symptoms: Initial symptoms of vascular wilt include vein clearing and leaf epinasty, followed by stunting, yellowing of the lower leafs, progressive wilting of leaves and stem, defoliation and finally death of the plant. In cross-sections of the stem, a brown ring is sometimes evident in the area of the vascular bundles. Some formae speciales are not primarily vascular pathogens but cause foot and rootrot or bulbrot.

Disease control:Use of resistant varieties is the only practical measure for controlling the disease in the field.

Under greenhouse conditions, soil sterilization can be performed. Alternative control methods with potential for the future include soil solarization and biological control with antagonistic bacteria or fungi.----------------

General back ground info, in the resent past both the USA and Russia have been putting millions a year to develop new strains of fusarium oxysporum as biological weapons to spray on enemies crops. The USA are still working on it and have also been trying to develop a form of fusarium specific to cannabis, the idea being to eradicate the entire genus from the planet or at least parts of it.

Things that can reduce the risk of infecting your plants. It is obvious that a large proportion of imported bud from Europe is from infected plants. Just touching bud and then touching a plant can infect the plant, smoking a joint of infected bud anywhere near cannabis plants can infect them. It can be carried in infected clones.

It is also now in grow rooms , it is going to spread. You have been warned

Do you really think this is your problem from imported seeds ?

I have not found any 'splitting of the stem' diascription in symptomes on forms (ie uk420 forms) or the like, but it could be right.

There is no cure for this if it is what has been suggested soil sterilization.

One of the very reasons UI am not growing in soil. I prefer coco which is steralized.

I hope for you and other herb growers it is not,

Goodluck !

Edited by nitram

shit that sounds bad :thumbdown

if that is what you have, strip the grow room bare, throughly scrub every surface with h2o2, bleach, peroxide, what ever you can get your hands on that will wipe that shit out of the grow room, give it a week and put em back in there...if you are taking cuttings, i'd do that while they are rooting, but you cannot risk putting them back in there untill the entire area has been steralized....i'd also use coco next time as its clean, plants like it better and it has around the same pH range as soil :smoke

you possibly shouldnt take cuttings, but you might be lucky and avoid problems in the next grow...but if you notice it on the plants grown from cuttings, i would start all over again after another scrubbing with fresh genetics :thumbdown