dwc newbie

hey guys well i havent had really much experience in growing but i got all the motivation hahah well this is what i got . . some fans . 600w light with the heavy ass input . . reflect paper . . . .and well i wanted some help on starting a dwc set up . .i got like 200 buks to spend on materials i got a bunnings near my house and a big ass plant place aswell . . so yeah all ive been doing is reading forums and trying to find some good dwc tutorials . . i just need abit of help im a big newbie . like if i go hydro shop do they ask for my adress and shit all i know is to say im growing tomatoes haha yeh so just help i wass looking some around nsw but still havent even gone in . . yeh so all the help the better thanks people :thumbsup

with 600 watts you wont need $200. sounds like you have got just about everything.

Depends on your space and what you want to grow.

Take $20 to bunnings and grab 3 or 4 20 litre buckets with lids.

Take $30 and get a resun 4 outlet air pump

15 metres of tubing and 4 air stones or curtains $10 - 15

Pool noodle $4

Save the rest for things like nutes and meters

It’s your 1st go so I wouldn’t go over the top with recirculation n shit.

If you have any problems they will be confined to the one-bucket rather than going into the res and spreading through the whole system.

can you be a bit more specific about the grow room? like how big is the area? how many plants do you want to grow? how much do you want to yield? have you already bought/aquired genetics yet? etc..

the more specific you are the more help we can offer :smoke

like if i go hydro shop do they ask for my adress and shit all i know is to say im growing tomatoes haha yeh so just help i wass looking some around nsw but still havent even gone in

i have been told by a few hydro shop workers that they are pretty sure 99.99% of people that shop there are growing marijuana, they usually say herb or not growing tomatoes :) but you get the idea ;) they know what you are doing and will respect your privacy in most cases....i knew 1 shop where all people were just given a number instead of them giving details for lay-bys so no details were exchanged, you just handed your reciept over with the money and when paid for, you got the item and no details, not even phone numbers or a first name are exchanged...most will probably ask for a phone number and a name but you can usually just make those up as long as you keep the reciept in a safe place....

yeh thanks man i just wanted to grow in a closet just those tall ones were ur suposed to hang things . . its pretty tall thinking of puting a buket there wich i could cut 3 holes and put net pots in there . . i got some seeds that i got of my freind nothing special il start germinating them today . . so yeah the idea is the put the buket in da da closet grow about 3 plants i just help on like how seting up everything im getting a cam so yeah im gonna im take photos and that way it will be more easy for yous to help me . . thanks

hey once my seeds sprout . . whats the best thing to do just get a mc donalds cup and put some soil and chuk the seed in there ( if it is what kind of poting mix should i put in the cup . . or is the a better way or rokwurl or something . . :) grrrrrr i hate being a newbie at this . :sly

hey once my seeds sprout . . whats the best thing to do just get a mc donalds cup and put some soil and chuk the seed in there ( if it is what kind of poting mix should i put in the cup . . or is the a better way or rokwurl or something . .

it will cost the same to get a drink from maccas to use the cup as a pot as it would to buy a decent pot from big-w + you dont get the pain of tasting watered down coke or a more accurate description is watered down cola flavouring :)

also, i strongly suggest that you get some seeds from a seedbank or clones from someone who has grown really good pot in the past...starting from unknown genetics givin to you by a friend is a great way of asking for a hermi crop that wont even get you stoned :thumbdown sure you might get lucky, but chances are you'll end up with an average plant that takes way too long to flower and yields dismally if you use bagseed :thumbdown

wish you the best of luck and keep us updated :smoke

thansk man hah . .whats a good seed bank for aussies . .should i just go to planetskunk and order off there or is there a better way .. i still allready started germinating some seeds and il take photos and chuk them in soil but to be sure il order some and frow us some opinions for indoor growing plants i got like 150 to spend on some mad seeds so yeh . . i was thinking blueberry but as yous know im a newbie :sly

Important Information

By using the community in any way you agree to our Terms of Use and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.