Scrog grow - 50/50 hybrid

Hi all, some (most of my last Haul all jared up)

post-5398-1131806087_thumb.jpg

I have decided on a scrog grow this first tme to open 2006. I am looking to downsize my grow without loosing yield.

My strain: 4 x 50/50 Oz Hybrid. Indica dominant, not previously done this plant using this method (scrog). It's suitability is questionable due mostly to the "limited streatch" of 12" when I go 12/12. More satvia dominant plants streatch up to 2/3 the size when you go 12/12 .......... thems the sacrifices one makes for yield. ;)

B] Method/Equipment: :peace:

SCROG ......... net set at a height of 2'. The net is 1 x 1.2m in size and made of 'plastic trellis'. This plant/grow I am going for maximum yield with minimal plants (4). I am using the most of my light (400w HPS) thrown at the canopy @10" above the net. I may need to raise the height of the light above the canopy to 14" - we will see !

[ Nutrients, medium & other tech:

100% Coco Cior

18/6 Coco veg A & B (2-3 weeks)

12/12 COGr - Flores (45 - 50 days) ;)

PH - 5.8 (Veg) PH - 6.2 (Flower)[/b]

Ma Net / rough and ready post-5398-1131806041_thumb.jpg

Nets up & I have selected 4 good clones to do. These have been veging under fluro'sand have been under the net for 3 days. They were 2'2" tall (2" above the height of the net) and toped numerous times prior to selection.

Finishing the 2nd or 3rd week in January. :smoke

coupla questions...

are you growing them indoors or outside?

how much space will they have ?

SCROG ......... net set at a height of 2'. The net is 1 x 1.2m in size and made of 'plastic trellis'. This plant/grow I am going for maximum yield with minimal plants (4). I am using the most of my light (400w HPS) thrown at the canopy @10" above the net. I may need to raise the height of the light above the canopy to 14" - we will see !

need to read things before smoking your new stash musha ::peace::

Heya

nah .. not too stoned .. maybe wantda was tho ;) ... still dont read whether its indoors or out and how much total head height you gonna have ... sorry :peace: got the floor space size .... or guess its the same as the piece of netting ?

most of my light (400w HPS) thrown at the canopy @10" above the net. I may need to raise the height of the light above the canopy to 14"

just sounds like there may be discretion as to how much the light is raised above the canopy ..... I thought with scrog the idea was to get colas to poke out of the canopy, which is held below the net? and I got that this strain doesn't stretch more than a foot or so .... but it still could be in a cupboard inside or in a shed outside? :scratchin

Was also interestred in ventilation and where/how lights were to be hung .. expected temps and because they've been vegging for as long as it took to get em to 2'2" tall before they went under the net .. isnt there the chance the colas cold do a BIG stretch when they're allowed to punch thru the netting and head for the light? if not i guess my question was silly ..

nah .. not too stoned .. maybe wantda was tho :peace:

yes i was pretty baked last night/ early thismorning ;)

just sounds like there may be discretion as to how much the light is raised above the canopy ..... I thought with scrog the idea was to get colas to poke out of the canopy, which is held below the net? and I got that this strain doesn't stretch more than a foot or so .... but it still could be in a cupboard inside or in a shed outside?

i remember reading that you wanna get preflowers just before they hit the net and then turn them, since i have never done a scrog grow, im not a valid source of information ;)

Thanks bongonaussie, Frazzle, Mushaman, & wantdachronic..... ;)

wantdachronic..... i remember reading that you wanna get preflowers just before they hit the net and then turn them,

Mushaman ......... just sounds like there may be discretion as to how much the light is raised above the canopy....got the floor space size .... or guess its the same as the piece of netting ?.

I thought with scrog the idea was to get colas to poke out of the canopy, which is held below the net? and I got that this strain doesn't stretch more than a foot or so ....    but it still could be in a cupboard inside or in a shed outside?[/b]

It may be good to get preflowers at a point just below the net due to having a lack of space (vertical height) & if your plant streatch is huge. I don't have height restriction as the cieling is 14" heigh. cielings. The light is suspendfed above the net and is adjustable. I simply raise it or lower it. Oh! it's indoors and the net is 1 x 1.2m in size where I can walk around the whole net with ease.

I will say this once and not take any Q or flack about the so called "essential ventallation"

"I dont NEED ventalation"

The room gets plenty of fresh air ! Do some maths about the "Grow sapce"

Room size = 2016 qubic feet, # of plants max 8 (light restric this to a min # plants to 4. The room has a window an gets a 'galeforce sea breeze (wind) through it when I open the doors & window at he same time.

I get a grow with cola (buds) weighing in wet & trimmed of 84.8 g (fucking monsters) & since I only supply myself there is no need to increase the yield. The idea of tieing down the plant exposing numerous bud sites (more than if you grow vertically) is that you maximise the light to the canopy & the many bud sites leading to more buds per square foot.

All air needs are adequate by venting the room out via the second stroy window when the house cleaner leaves :whistling I wish ::peace::

Next Pic in 7 days. ;)

Edited by nitram

The room gets plenty of fresh air ! Do some maths about the "Grow sapce"

Room size = 2016 qubic feet, # of plants max 8 (light restric this to a min # plants to 4. The room has a window an gets a 'galeforce sea breeze (wind) through it when I open the doors & window at he same time.

No control over smell then? No ability to control venting according to temperature except by hand? And possible exposure of the site? ;)

I'm just gonna say it once, and we'll stop it from there. "There is no such thing as too much ventilation, but there is such a thing as too little." But so long as it's under control, groovy. ;)

Looks great! I would use yo-yo's meself for the training, but I'm addicted to those... :peace:

Will watch for more pics.

Luke Skywalker.........No control over smell then? No ability to control venting according to temperature except by hand? And possible exposure of the site?

smell - seems to me to be ok but I am used to it........may be the neibours are too. :;):

Temps are tollerable... ;) manual control is a pain. ;)

the "possible exposure of the site" I've become aware of contamination from insects - so I'll gather up some preds from the garden.

visability is Nil .................... one hopes. :peace:

I'm just gonna say it once, and we'll stop it from there. "There is no such thing as too much ventilation, but there is such a thing as too little." But so long as it's under control, groovy.

I could not have said it better LS :;):

Important Information

By using the community in any way you agree to our Terms of Use and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.