cannabutter?

I like this site. There's not a lot of traffic, but you members do respond. Good stuff.

Question- I have read a bit on making cannabutter for cooking. The boiling method with water and butter seem to be most practical. Does the MJ need to be dried? Or could it be simmered while still green? How small does the MJ need to be- ground, rice size, etc... How about water cure for a week and straight into butter?

I am trying to quit smoking, and any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Horton

Ok, you can use the MJ green or dry, doesn't matter. I use at least 2 ozs of kiff (small bud/leaf) to about 500grms of butter. Fill a large pot at least 1/2 way with water and add the butter, bring it to the boil. Then add your pot, you can break it down a bit and chop it up to make it fit a bit easier. Bring to the boil again, then drop it down to a simmer. Cook for at least 3 hours, I don't go longer than 5 or 6. Get yourself a pair of stockings, and strain your mixture into a pyrex dish or large dish of some sort. Make sure you squeeze all the butter out of the leaf matter, otherwise you'll leave most of the THC behind. Toss the leaf matter when you've squeezed as much out as you can, and put your mixture into the fridge until it sets hard on top (couple of hours or more). When it's set, drain the mucky water out that's under the butter layer and you'll be left with some nice green butter :thumbsup Enjoy, I've made many a good anzac bikkie with butter from the above method.

Vapourising is good for ppl who can't smoke bongs, do a search on it and check out the different types of vapourisers for sale. It basically heats the pot up enough to release the thc as a vapour, instead of burning all the pot and smoking all the bad stuff you just get a thc vapour you can't really even see. Good on sore lungs, that's for sure!!

Thanks a lot. You guys are really a fountain of knowledge. I will check out the vaporizer. I go to a hypnotist about every 6 months or so and get fixed. You know how it is- smoke a couple of splifs English style and you're back straight in.

Making butter from green seems to save a lot of time.

Any of you ever try original blueberry? How about home grown psychedelics?

Till later,

Horton

ps- this spell check either doesn't work or I'm too thick or stoned to get it right.

Important Information

By using the community in any way you agree to our Terms of Use and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.