Jamie Oliver sets up cannbis treatment course

Oliver's Fifteen

Jamie Oliver plans to set up an in-house cannabis treatment course for trainees at his restaurant fifteen.

The majority of the young chefs at ther restaurant, who are from poor backgrounds, will be offered support and guidance as part of the program.

Absenteeism and lack of motivation amongst the trainees has been put down to drug use.

The restaurant Fifteen is located in trendy Hoxton and opened to acclaim in 2002.

Source: Sky News Active on Austar Digital...

In my opinion, working and drugs shouldn't be mixed at all, either you work or you stay home and get stoned, but dont fuck work off to get stoned otherwise you deserve to be fired....

having said that, i believe Jamie Oliver is doing the moral thing by keeping his workers on and offering them any help he possibly can which is alot better than being forced to take a piss test and fired on the spot if you fail which you would expect at most places :thumbdown

Dont get me wrong or anything, but if your social life is interfering with work, then you really need to sit down and evaluate what you want in life and which path your current lifestyle will take you down....if you are smoking too many cones and have become unmotivated and dont want to work, ring your boss and quit but if you still want to smoke a bit of pot, then do so after work or on weekends but make sure you dont have work the next day.

while jamie oliver is a complete wank, i gotta give him credit for doing whats right by his workers....

these are trainees ... not employees :peace:

and they definately dont need to have smoked at breakfast time to fail a test ... Friday of the week before the Monday would do ... so, they can't smoke pot and work at his restaurant .... still say he's a wanker for doing that - if your employees dont show up, aren't there lots more who are queue'ng round the block for the job ?

sorry ... no sympathy either for empoyers who want to control the lives of their employees

nor for employees who are too stoned to turn up on time for work and do a decent job

fuck em both (uncharacteristically strong feelings on this)

law of the jungle applies :angry:

doing the right thing ..
?? in-house cannabis treatment course ... dude you cant be serious ... what treatment wqould you like to be obliged to undergo?

Atleast he's doing something to get those little cunts motivated, what are you doing.
employing them ... good enuf?

all the peope that work with me are stoners .... not a job requirement but thats how it turned out ... and we don't tolerate each other becoz of drug use ... so we dont allow it affect our work .... hahaha much :peace:

if people want to drop out of life, any drug is an easy option to do so. As great as I think the herb is, it can be, and often is, abused. Just like Alcohol

dont agree, i think people drop out due to many reasons .. rarely pot use .. shit .. they were going to drop out anyway ... they just use it to dull the reality they are lazy fuckers .... as an excuse to do nothing ... they would have found something else if not weed .. yes alcohol .... but have you read the definition of abusive drinker recently? imo its another joke ...

How can he be a wanker for teaching those people to better manage their drug use?

I'd doubt he's preaching abstinence, he'd realise how pointless that is, he just rightfully expects them to turn up in a state of mind that is conducive to learning the trade.

He's not a wanker for offering it ... he's really nice .... people need to be taught to manage their substances ... oooh yeh ...

and if someone still looks stoned ... or is a slow learner .. what then? next logical step please hanky?

Are you saying its not possible to learn a trade while stoned? only ask this because i did, and i know lots of others who did and we were all abusers who needed re-education .. :peace: Seig Heil why would he realise how pointless it is? ... its just another typical media scam ... Jamie in cahoots with the Press .. he wants to sell more food (while lookin real good n hip) and they wanna sell papers - wankers

I'd doubt he's preaching abstinence
whether he is or isn't .. neither of us know that .... he is supporting a move to introduce this all over ... would you like to sit thru this re-education and/or give up smoking to get a job or keep it?

I've read a few posts about being piss tested for a job .. or to keep a job .. seems like total facist shit to me and I would never submit to it or support a business that supports it - invasion of privacy to the max and a stepping stone on the path to loss of more privacy and freedom.