bug problem: possibly aphids

hey guys,

recently got some clones off a mate, before this my garden has been totally pest free, but now I have noticed tiny little yellowish bugs on the underside of the leaves... I asked him about them and he said that they had been in his grow for a couple of seasons and didnt do any damage, but I still dont like the idea of any pests at all on my plants... should I use pyrethium spray or something or will they be ok....?

Guest Urbanhog
Delay

I would eliminate the bugs. Usually when i exchange clones, i have them in "quarantine" for a couple of weeks before introducing them into the vege room.

Cheers

Do you have them in space tents and wear space suits when go into the "quarantine" area , with double doors, and sterlise showers when get in and out, like in these sci-fic movies ? lol lol only kidding mate.....

do you have them in a different room or in the same room as your plants but different closet or whatever? or leave them outside? Just curious because seems what happend is you have them in different area in same room, they can "fly/crawl" to a warmer area with lots of buds to munch on....

cheers Urbanhog http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/contrib/sp/chefico.gif

can you detect any potential bugs by just closely inspecting the plant or do you need a magnifying glass?

I occasionally see some funny little fly things that I've never seen before around my cupboards ( not on the plants), maybe one or two, and I kill them. But other than that I haven't noticed any infestation.

Guest Urbanhog
can you detect any potential bugs by just closely inspecting the plant or do you need a magnifying glass?

I occasionally see some funny little fly things that I've never seen before around my cupboards ( not on the plants), maybe one or two, and I kill them.  But other than that I haven't noticed any infestation.

depends what you are looking for, some pest can be observed in naked eye with aid of magnifying glass, some can see, some pest eggs are so tiny and live inside in the palnts, I liked blouder's idea of "quarantine" area, for couple of weeks because some pest can't see for certain time, until they grow become seen to the naked eye.

Some MJ grow books have excellent detailed chapters on pests, with close up of piccies.

urbanhog