Harvest Time?`

hoping to get some advice on when to harvest.

Are the pix attached close up enuf to see the color change happening?

Checking the trichs with magnification is the best way to decide, however if your like myself and without the aid of a microscope or magnifying glass you can make your best guess on the trichs.

I generally start to flush when my girls seem to have fewer new white pistils than reddening/red ones, after a week they're probably 50%-60% red.

Looking at your pics, I would personally give 'em a few more days (maybe 5 days to a week), and start my flush, harvest after you've flushed for a week, you can go 14 days, but it's unnecessary.

Also,  i wont be able to harvest my NL girl all in one chop - is it ok to cut branches and hang them all seperately?

Of course ::devilred:: Can harvest any way you want. Best way to dry is to hang them, some people use paper bags, this time round I've placed sheets of newspaper on shelves and put a layer of buds on the paper. Try not to allow buds to have direct contact with eachother and if drying by allowing them to lie exposed, you should rotate them every 24 hours to prevent mould.

Hrm, now that the second post is up (wasn't when I hit reply heh), I'd say they need even longer than a week, maybe 2 or so... you don't want to cheat yourself of yield :devilred:

Of course  ::devilred::

thanks eikel .. don't forget .. this is my first go mate ( ::devilred:: u corporate scum u!) ... haven't quite got all the confidence i need yet ... I've been so lucky the whole way thru the grow, really want to finish it properly. My instinct tells me the plant is nearly finished ... not much visible change in cola size last few days

Checking the trichs with magnification is the best way to decide

:lol: those pix are with max Musha magnification ... cam zoomed in and thru my mag. glass ..

what I really should have asked is

" Do you reckon I need a better mag. glass/microscope, or do you reckon, based on the pix, that I will be able to see the trichs colour change when it happens? .. or should I get more magnification? "

Hi Mush, You may have seen this before but it may help.. :thumbsup

Trichs

93766[/snapback]

Heya Bongon, thanks mate

nope havent seen it yet .. mate how do you store these links ? so mmany times I've replied to someone and had to say ... seem to remember reading .... can't find the thread .... :scratchin

just checked it ... ::devilred:: I need more magnification ::devilred:: I thought I was getting close up as well lol

Edited by Mushaman

Hey Musha its a personal thing, i wouldnt advise you when

cause how you like your stone is prolly different for each person, plus id want to see the calyx triks though mag / microscope

Having said that, by looking at the pix if they were mine id prolly wait another 7- 10 or more days , waiting for about 60% amber triks and maybe more weight but thats me

Do what you think and next time you'll have a lot better idea

sorry no help at all :devilred:

Edited by Frazzle

Important Information

By using the community in any way you agree to our Terms of Use and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.