• Register Now!
Grass Outdoors Shade Purple Orange Blueberry Watermelon Apple Banana Strawberry Chocolate
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community. - Login to remove this message
International Cannabis Cultivation Questionnaire
Glandore Hydroponic Nutrients, Lights and Equipment

Photo

Pictorial...How to clean Coco, Perlite, Geolite.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

El Gato

El Gato

Couch Locked

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1544 Posts:
  • Interests:Cannabis & Cannabis products
  • Cannabis Use:Rec. & Medicinal
  • Fav. Type:Raw (i.e. Heads)
  • Fav. Heads:Bio-Organic
  • Fav. Lighting: 600W
Even if ya just threw it on ya grass lightly so it spreads around. I always have room in my garden for coco.

Say thanks with some bits:  bc1q2u6zm8fvmf9n6zv0kdtq0gsvhjfhdcysfss94j  (BTC Only)

Cerberus

Cerberus

WooWooWooWooWooWoo!

• Members
  • 1582 Posts:
  • Fav. Type:Raw (i.e. Heads)
  • Fav. Heads:"Hydroponic"
  • Fav. Lighting: 1000W HPS

I use a coco and perlite and reuse the medium 2 or 3 times... generally adding a bit of new mix to the old, after that the coco breaks down a bit too much so I separate out the perlite for reuse and add the coco into the veggy garden. Raised beds means there is always room for a bit more coco.

Thanks for the tips Lou Lou

Edited by Cerberus, 23 March 2012 - 10:30 AM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

acedaces 23

acedaces 23

Just Sprouting

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:None
  • Fav. Heads:None
Thanks for this hanky :)

Syb3 rm3nt41_%20

Syb3 rm3nt41_%20

Troll

• Banned
  • 748 Posts:
Decent, screening it would be handy i usually just break it down with my hands ..... also is very wise to advise people to innoculate the medium with beneficial bacteria before re-use .... if you bought shit coco it will be much better 2nd time round' when innoculated ... . ...

peace'

ants

ants

Planted

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 4 Posts:

I met a guy talking about the 'old days' when he would bag it up and send it to the rubbish tip. Ballsy hah

louise

louise

tweet tweet tweet

• Members
  • 5544 Posts:
  • Interests:weed, wimmyn and song...

Ballsy... nah, in the olden days the coppers didn't come round at 3 am to see what people have put out for the garbos and the local council didn't do checks to see if people were using their garbage, greenwaste and recycling bins appropriately... used to be, a person's rubbish bins were private.

Edited by louise, 23 May 2013 - 05:38 PM.

The poor have to labour in the face of the majestic equality of the law, which forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread. ~ Analote France

DoctorWho

DoctorWho

reTARDIS

• Members
  • 1392 Posts:
  • Cannabis Photography Competition

• Fav. Type:Raw (i.e. Heads), Hashish, Oil Concentrates
  • Fav. Lighting: Indoors

Today I thought I was a genius by coming up with essentially the same method as this one.  I even took pics and all lol  Oh well, looks like the original ones in this thread are gone so I'm sure my pics will help someone one day.

I started off with just a mini greenhouse minus the clear dome

Attached File  1.jpg   311.99K   18 downloads

Put my used coco/perlite in there.  I found half filling it best as you have to be more careful with larger loads and it takes too long with smaller ones.

Attached File  2.jpg   315.62K   19 downloads

After 10 seconds of shaking it back and forth (top and then bottom trays)

Attached File  3.jpg   317.57K   18 downloadsAttached File  4.jpg   319.94K   18 downloads

After emptying the cleaned coco into a pot I shook the trays for another 10-15 seconds which balled the roots up on top of the perlite in the upper tray making it super easy to remove most of them.

Attached File  5.jpg   298.48K   18 downloadsAttached File  6.jpg   306.86K   18 downloads

Some roots remained so I moved all the perlite to one end, held the trays on a 30-ish degree angle and shook it back and forth very fast trying to make the tray bounce the medium inside it.  The perlite flew off the majority of the roots allowing them to clump together.

Attached File  7.jpg   273.88K   23 downloadsAttached File  8.jpg   251.93K   18 downloads

A bunch of roots made it into the bottom tray but moving everything up to one end and shaking like before releases most of the medium leaving the roots behind for removal.

Attached File  9.jpg   259.79K   18 downloadsAttached File  10.jpg   170.07K   17 downloads

The end product

Attached File  11.jpg   220.67K   16 downloads

I smashed through the recycling using that method.  I was getting well over 90% of the roots out and doing it at over 1L a minute as I went through an overflowing 60L res in under an hour.  It was the fastest and easiest method I have used by far and makes me really wish I saw this thread years ago lol

The Hash Nibbler

The Hash Nibbler

Wherever I lay my Hash, that's my home.

• Members
  • 6556 Posts:
  • Interests:Pooping Dark Matter Hash Nuggets, Eating Endangered Animals.
  • Cannabis Use:Medicinal
  • Fav. Type:Hashish
  • Fav. Lighting: When switch is "ON"

I just dump Multizyme in my pots when I finish.... enzymes eat dead roots, pull out main stem , and the rest, put multi in, cover with plastic bag and let it do its thing for a few weeks.

Peace. Nibbler.

And so, life returned to normal, or at least as normal as it gets in this primitive dirtball inhabited by psychotic apes. Thanks to the effects of the Hash waves, the people of Earth have not memory of what had transpired, except Nibbler, and no one believed him or cared what he had to say. I, meanwhile, returned to my post, ever vigilant, lest Earth again come under Hash attack. And when that day comes, God help us. God help us all.

Cloning for Coco Growers

https://cannabis.com...le/#entry301424

Coco Growers Guide
https://cannabis.com...nd-get-growing/

Tent Set up and Equipment List

https://cannabis.com...-yaself-a-tent/

Dutch Tulip Joint Tutorial

https://cannabis.com...h-catcher-leaf/

Decarboxylated Bubble Hash Brownies

https://cannabis.com...il/#entry391759

Growing outdoors and Understanding Light Hours

https://cannabis.com...rs/#entry322068

CO2 Extraction Hash with Dry Ice

https://cannabis.com...ag/#entry304265

thc24

thc24

Couch Locked

• Members
  • 1134 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:Recreational
I'm a fan of enzymes for cleaning up wheel borrows of coco. After itsvbeen saved in a burnings round sand and stone sive like u would use when laying a fresh lawn tho most of the rooysnwill come out dry in soon piece when dry. It is only used on cuttings and in the garden so no real need for a scarid fly drench. There seems to because few products around that will 're buffer ur cal mag and phone.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

The Toll Troll

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2976 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:Recreational

Afaik enzymes don't break down the cellulose in the roots completely, jsut breaks it down to less complicated chemical chains. Something like Trichoderma will completely eat everything, a mix of enzymes + trichoderma = very quick eating big roots are all gone from my reused coco, just been sitting in the garage for a few months

Glandore Hydroponic Nutrients, Lights and Equipment
Barneys Farm Cannabis Seeds
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community.