• Register Now!
Grass Outdoors Shade Purple Orange Blueberry Watermelon Apple Banana Strawberry Chocolate
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community. - Login to remove this message
Glandore Hydroponic Nutrients, Lights and Equipment
Barneys Farm Cannabis Seeds

Photo

Pictorial...How to clean Coco, Perlite, Geolite.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

wildflower

wildflower

The Fractal Explorer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 644 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:Rec. & Medicinal
  • Fav. Heads:"Hydroponic"
its not soil man.
but yeh i always threw it away because i was worried about passing on disease.
But ages ago. i got some coco coir bags that had neem added to it..it was the most pest free grow I had, even better than canna that i bought into after because of all the hype.. :detective2:. Neem is a natural pesticide and that even acts as a slow release fert. it comes in powder form too. anyone else heard of neem? thinking making up my own mix with perlite,expanded clay,coco coir with neem mixed through it.
"Fear of the Unknown leads to Fanaticism"
"You think i'm a tripper? I ain't even stoned yet!"

Say thanks with some bits:  bc1q2u6zm8fvmf9n6zv0kdtq0gsvhjfhdcysfss94j  (BTC Only)

(Guest) Eikel

(Guest) Eikel
  • Guests

You gotta use bleach and peroxide, otherwise pathnogens stay in the soil?

Err, no? Where did the pathnogens come from in the first place? :P

personally id never re-use soil mixes, but each to their own.

True, each to their own, but organics RELIES on the principle you reuse and "feed" the soil, which then feeds the plants. You can buy new potting-mix every time, or just keep a compost heap and dump your medium on it for a few months before reusing.

(Oh, and as Wildflower said, CoCo isn't soil, it's closest medium-relative is Peat, but it works good in composts anyway :detective2: ).

smelly2

smelly2

Planted

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 Posts:
  • Fav. Heads:100% Organic
nice thread man i can reuse my coco never new that cause its expensive
im not smelly but these buds r

El_Badass

El_Badass

Budding

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:Recreational
handy thread indeed I read someone saying bleach and peroxide, does that mean you can use bleach like white king which from what I saw at the super market today contain sodium hypochlorite and or sodium hydroxide. I'm just keen to know if this stuff is safe cuz I couldn't find peroxide at coles.
"Girugamesh, Casual Friday and Milhouse is not a meme are forced.

Lookman, A master is out and FUCK YEAH SEAKING are win" - JigglyFuckingPuff

It's random and non-sensical but somebody actually typed that up.

racingsnake

racingsnake

Budding

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 Posts:

handy thread indeed I read someone saying bleach and peroxide, does that mean you can use bleach like white king which from what I saw at the super market today contain sodium hypochlorite and or sodium hydroxide. I'm just keen to know if this stuff is safe cuz I couldn't find peroxide at coles.

You can also try the baby section and get some 'bottle' sterilizer...
Or homebrew suppliers and get some of their equipment sterilizers...
Easy to use and cheap too.. :scratchin:

Hanky

Hanky

5th March 2012

• RIP
  • 486 Posts:
  • Fav. Heads:Bio-Organic
I never bother sterilizing my coco/perlite between uses, I just give it a very good flush with PH corrected water to flush out any buildup of salts.

I've never had any kind of root problems/diseases, needless to say, if I did I'd get new media and throw the old stuff out.

Hopefully that never happens and I'll just keep using the same stuff I've been using for the last three years and 12 grows.
RACISM SUCKS.

EggMalt75

EggMalt75

Planted

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 4 Posts:
what about sub'ing Grapeseed extract for chlorine bleach?

GUNBUDS

GUNBUDS

Vegetating

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 Posts:
  • Fav. Lighting: SUN
Man go buy some new stuff..

ants

ants

Planted

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 4 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:None
  • Fav. Heads:None
Haha. So what does everyone do with their old medium?? Im new here and cant think of anywhere else but the vege patch. But ive only got so much space in the garden.
Can you throw it out? Seems a bit dodgy.

louise

louise

tweet tweet tweet

• Members
  • 5544 Posts:
  • Interests:weed, wimmyn and song...
  • Fav. Heads:None
I use a coco and perlite and reuse the medium 2 or 3 times... generally adding a bit of new mix to the old, after that the coco breaks down a bit too much so I separate out the perlite for reuse and add the coco into the veggy garden. Raised beds means there is always room for a bit more coco.

The poor have to labour in the face of the majestic equality of the law, which forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread. ~ Analote France

International Cannabis Cultivation Questionnaire
Glandore Hydroponic Nutrients, Lights and Equipment
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community.