Is there life after cut colas?

Rec3ently, I invested in feminised blueberry seeds and started my crop in a closet 30"x18"x5', leaving 4' vertical growth from top of pot to light, envirolite- 2x125w. Following recommendatons online I turned the lights at 2'. The 2 plants, in 5 gallon containers, outgrew the vertical. I tried to turn the top colas, although the stems were so large and brittle, they kept breaking. I used nutrient that had a high middle number and claimed to promote strong stems. They kept getting into the lights, kept breaking as I tried to turn them down and I eventually cut the tops off. What a mess. However, the plants are HUGE and appear to be very healthy. I plan to regenerate after harvest. Is there anyway to minimise the damage for this harvest and future ones. The planys were barely in the 3rd week of flowering. Any suggestions welcomed.

well you fucked your harvest by cuttings those tips off, you should have raised the lights instead or trained the plants from an earlier age....

lesson learnt though, vege the plants for no where near as long next time and remember that once you turn a mj plant to flower, in alot of cases the plant will double in size, sometimes even triple it depending on the strain so you have to know what your growing and how you intend on growing it for your next crop before you start to avoid this problem again B)

Thanks guys for responding. I realise I fucked up, and I take full responsibility. However, I have spent many hours on the net, and most sources claim to expect 1/3 to 1/2 growth during flowering. Also, I ran out of space so I could not raise the lights. I was careful when I tried to bend the tops, but they were brittle. Could that have been a genetic thing or perhaps the nutrient I used that claimed to increase stem strength? 25-40-0.

The plants are still huge with buds bursting everywhere and only 3 weeks into flowering. Any suggestions as to how to limit the damage.

I'm really not the dumbass I appear.

Join OS as you have - you one stop shop for info horton.

talk you grow trough here -get your answer so you can correct any mishaps.

Best of luck with growing once more - it is all a learning experience, the mistake you'll rarely repeat and you know what to do about any probs in the future.

Rec3ently, I invested in feminised blueberry seeds and started my crop in a closet 30"x18"x5', leaving 4' vertical growth from top of pot to light,

1) While this is a personal view - stay away from Femmed seeds. too many hermies and they are usually expensive. In my opinion this is one situation where price dose not = quality,

2) 4' vettical height from top of pot to light means you should have put them in 12/12 about 12-15" (This is strain dependant). I gey 12"-15" max streatch) which is short I know.

Know your plant is another good bit of advice - this only comes fro growing the strain many times.

goodluck horton

Important Information

By using the community in any way you agree to our Terms of Use and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.