Pop seeds *********** Pop ***********

Thanks everest, wantdachronic, oniks & Mushaman. They are all comming alonf just fine.

w..........thats not all you have in that group shot, i can see a shadow coming from the table on the fence that really looks like a mully

I'm not hiding any from you Halk eye (w) - honest ......................

YES there is one plant sitting on the table out of pic. It is the one plant pictured by itself at the bottom of the post (see above 1 Plant I have - it ).

M..........looking beautiful and healthy nitram , well done mate.. be looking forward to the updates. Update in 1 weeks time.

e....where the strain come from

The strain came from Tailand in the early 70's & was picked up by my brother who holidayed there and lived & worked in Tailand for 10 yrs. He took up breeding many, many years ago. He has a reserve of over 7,000 original seeds left and now a bank of 200,000 seeds wich he 'made' over a few years. Every year I have grown these in summer and this is the first time I am trying to cross it with a 50/50 OZ Hybrid (50% Satvia & 50% Indica -Skunk #1). This 50/50 is Skunk dom - tight compact buds (84.5g per bud wet & trimmed).

The bud from the tai Satvia smokes typically in the hulcinegenic/psychotrophic high and is very 'headdy'. My mother called its effect "Giggle Juice Effects" when we have been on the stuff. 'Fits' of spontaneous laughter, audio hallucinations (eyes popen) and visual hallucination (eyes closed) is not uncommon, heightened sense of awareness leanding to paranoia in overindulgent is undertaken.

The aroma is unique with a sweet taste & strong pot smell when burnt.

1) I warn people (mates) about the posibility of a psychotic eppisode if smoked

and some I refuse to provide a smoke too (those I judge to be at risk or not

suitable, or recomended).

I am not overly fussed about 'breeding' - I would like to see what fun I can have and stock up on my seed reserves.

Edited by nitram

I'm not hiding any from you Halk eye (w) - honest ......................

YES there is one plant sitting on the table out of pic. It is the one plant pictured by itself at the bottom of the post (see above 1 Plant I have - it ).

:) sorry, im just a plant whore, cant get enough :)

The strain came from Tailand in the early 70's & was picked up by my brother who holidayed there and lived & worked in Tailand for 10 yrs. He took up breeding many, many years ago. He has a reserve of over 7,000 original seeds left and now a bank of 200,000 seeds wich he 'made' over a few years. Every year I have grown these in summer and this is the first time I am trying to cross it with a 50/50 OZ Hybrid (50% Satvia & 50% Indica -Skunk #1). This 50/50 is Skunk dom - tight compact buds (84.5g per bud wet & trimmed).

The bud from the tai Satvia smokes typically in the hulcinegenic/psychotrophic high and is very 'headdy'. My mother called its effect "Giggle Juice Effects" when we have been on the stuff. 'Fits' of spontaneous laughter, audio hallucinations (eyes popen) and visual hallucination (eyes closed) is not uncommon, heightened sense of awareness leanding to paranoia in overindulgent is undertaken.

The aroma is unique with a sweet taste & strong pot smell when burnt.

sounds heaps nice, if you could breed it into say a 75% sativa, it wouls make a very nice indoor strain by the sounds of things :) although it might give the givernment another reason to hate weed if it still brings on those episodes :thumbdown

your bro thinking about releasing any beans to the poor :smoke

yea that heady high from the thai plants can be heart rendering hey , i been in thailand 3 times and each time ended up with uncontrolable noids .... gret weed , but a spliff too far and you gone .

good look with the cross nit , sounds like it will be an awesome mix\match :)

w.....:) sorry, im just a plant whore, cant get enough

know the feeling - "the grass is greener over there :smoke "

if you could breed it into say a 75% sativa, it wouls make a very nice indoor strain by the sounds of things

No idea what I will get so that why I have to find out. It is a 50/50 proven stable mum x Tai Satvia. I'm guessing the offspring will be ??? smokeable weed. :smoke :smoke :thumbsup

e.....your bro thinking about releasing any beans to the poor .....

.....:) .........:)

Neither him nor me Soz! ............. e - tems ta rulez.

e......good look with the cross nit , sounds like it will be an awesome mix\match

Thanks e ....... I'm looking at methods of polland collection? Any ideas ?

noids .... gret weed , but a spliff too far and you gone.

It is the best j at an outdoor live concert like 'Men At Work' & 'Pink Floyd'.

Esky full Ice & VB Stubbies. Sliding down the grassy steep hills at the 'Darwin Ampitheater' AAhhh! thems was the days spliff a plenty :smoke

:) :)

Edited by nitram

No idea what I will get so that why I have to find out. It is a 50/50 proven stable mum x Tai Satvia. I'm guessing the offspring will be ??? smokeable weed. :smoke  :smoke  :thumbsup

well if both parents are of stable genetics, you should end up with around a 75% sativa strain :reallyexcited:

I'm looking at methods of polland collection? Any ideas ?

just before the male plant is about to open the pollen sacks to release the pollen, cut the entire branch off where the buds are, hang it up in a cardboard box or indoor clothes line, something to that effect and put a bit of paper under it....just make sure that no wind can get near the buds because it will blow the pollen everywhere and is impossible to fully clean up, if it happened in the grow room, could be looking at seeded crops for ages :thumbdown anyways, few days after hanging the male up, the pollen should have been released and fallen on to the paper, from there you just gotta find something to store the resin in like a clean sachel or something sturdy like a film canister and put it in the fridge untill you are ready to use it, just make sure its stored in an air tight container out of light :)

Frazzle.......Bees are very good at collecting pollen

Thanks Fazz - plenty of bass & bees around. :smoke

wantdachronic..........just before the male plant is about to open the pollen sacks to release the pollen, cut the entire branch off where the buds are, hang it up in a cardboard....and put a bit of paper under it.........the pollen should have been released and fallen on to the paper.....just make sure its stored in an air tight container out of light

Ok w, I have not done the polland collecion routine before but looks simple enough. An 'air-tight' container is a tip and so is the light proof. Both good reminders. :)

w.....well if both parents are of stable genetics, you should end up with around a 75% sativa strain

That's what I was thinking. Hopefully get the Satvia smoke attributes less the 15 weeks flowering time. I guess it is a "make and bake" effort. First step polland collection. :)

Edited by nitram

Well it's been raining mostly for 3 days here. Growth rate on the male at back of group pic) is "outstanding".

One of the most enjoyable things about this Tai stra is it the colouration of new growth. That pale green is so incerediable......... and when contrasted by the dark green of the older growth it is stunning.

No nutes excep for a 1/4 teasppoon of 'osmocote'

at this point:

Males = 3

Females = 4

This is a female in a larger pot sitting by itself

Well it's been raining mostly for 3 days here. Growth rate on the male at back of group pic) is "outstanding".

One of the most enjoyable things about this Tai stra is it the colouration of new growth. That pale green is so incerediable......... and when contrasted by the dark green of the older growth it is stunning.

post-5398-1133310912_thumb.jpg post-5398-1133310831_thumb.jpg compared with

the last pic posted is this one on Nov 25 2005

No nutes excep for a 1/4 teasppoon of 'osmocote'

at this point:

Males = 3? : :mellow:

Females = 4? :thumbsup

a few ? unsexed :scratchin

This is a female in a larger pot sitting by itself post-5398-1133311178_thumb.jpg

:whistling

post-5398-1133310392_thumb.jpg

Edited by nitram

Important Information

By using the community in any way you agree to our Terms of Use and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.