superman scarid flys

It also has a lot to do with the moisture holding capacity of the media you're using, and irrigation practices, as fungus gnats like moist, close conditions to live. That said, the moisture rates that mj likes is pretty darn close to ideal for fungus gnat breeding, so if you plan on keeping your plants alive, you're providing good conditions for the gnats too.

Organic media tend to be more prone to attack, but not exclusive to it.

Best method of curing attack is not to have it happen in the first place, through exclusion. It's not a perfect method, and can still be beaten by the grower introducing pests upon themselves, but prevention is far better than cure.

ordered this stuff called vectobac which is about the only bti product i could find.

http://www.garrards.com.au/garrards_vector_control.cfm

the government uses this stuff alot, i dunno why hydro shops dont stock it but this place has branches all over australia so it should be easy for every1 to find.

they had to order it in for me and they only do 5 and 25 kilo batches with limited shelf life, but hell this stuff should blitz em. ended up costing 200 bucks for 5 kilos ever heard of it before luke?

coco is wicked, fairly easy to use, and imo a necassity in warmer climates.

the only advice i can give people that they probably havent already read somewhere else is too go easy on the nutes 900 - 1100 in grow, and 1200 - 1400 in bloom, also in bloom i run 400 litres of nutrient then 200 ltrs of phed water. this is the only way i can keep a 250-500 ppm differance in the runoff\feed, big feed in the morning three smaller feeds during the day then a larger feed in the afternoon for mature plants. also 30% runoff\feed seems best for me.

Dissolve 1/4 Teaspoon Epsom Salts in a cup of boiling water it then add 1/4 cup Baking Soda, 120ml vinegar, 15ml Lemon Juice, 2 drops dish detergent to a 2ltr Coke bottle. Fill with cold water and shake it up. Release the pressure and shake for 5 mins until mixed well.

Spray this mix all over your plants until they are soaked top to bottom. Wait 30 mins a wash it off with clean water. If you get any on your medium flush well! Best to cover it.

This mix will kill mites, sciarid fly’s & mildew and just about anything else that gets in its way. :scratchin:

The mix is alkaline so rinse verry well!

Edited by MaC

hi $200 sounds abit rough i pay less than $5 dollars for enough undiluted mite and other bug spray to last 6 months, these days it is getting harder to find a grow shop that sell good insecticides as they have to be bought through someone with a farm or pay top $$. With spider mite you will find it hard to kill them all, as sprays only work on the mite and not eggs( 7 day life cycle) so a weekly spray is needed not really on plants but vents, pot, top layer of soil and dont let numbers explode then they breed faster that you can kill. Do you know what kind of mite you are dealing with..

ive been using Lorsban i am told it is near imposable to get and is toxic causing rashes straight away if gloves and eye protection are not used.

good luck

there are shops selling lorsban again, only problem is ive heard if you dont flush it really really well it will kill more than just the larvae!

i used mavrik at 5ml per litre as a drench, left it in the rockwool and nute tank for 2 days. no problem BUT didnt fully kill the fly's though! probably should have followed it up

i have found though that i no longer have scarid or mites!!! ive had spider mite for as long as i can remember and i always used omite on them, but they kept coming back

how did i eradicate the mites and sciarid fly's?? well i put pantyhose on all fan intakes, let off the mortein flea bombs in every room (they last 9 months on eggs), and i sprayed barrier spray on every opening in the house AND most important i covered all the rockwool medium with panda plastic.

i have struggled with mites for years, this was the first grow which NEVER had a single mite in the place. from start to finish

and so far its been a month and not a single scarid fly - i think that by covering the medium and therefore there is no green algae on the rockwool slabs now that i have covered in plastic. i think this is something which should be done as the algae attracts them to the slab

Edited by keepleft