superman scarid flys

Am i the only person in australia with invincible scarid fly?

ive researched for hours on ways to kill them and ive tried EVERYthing on them.

microbial is useless ive bought litres and litres of this shit but no luck. ive tried watering it several ways, like hand feed and drip feed at diff dose rate with np luck, ive even tried daily misting of the top of the media with straight microbial.

i read on ostoners from luke that success drench works but after 2 drenches a week apart at 5 ml per litre that didnt work.

ive tried a layer of clay balls on top

also tried a layer of perlite with no luck.

cutting back on feeds

mesh on inlet fans

sticky fly traps (dozens)

under the counter crap that did more harm than goodbut still no luck

neem oil

ive even gone to extremes like ozone purifyers for the nutrient.

can anybody think of something i should try?

is sand worth a try?

these flys or misquitos or wtf they are, are the nastiest muthas around, i dream of ten foot flying fuckas crushing all my smoko, my missus wakes up black and blue no joke.

peace

Hi Croweater :D

This was pretty much the best thing I could find apart from being told flush use sticky strips and chemicals which you said you have already tried. Don't actually know how effective it is, plus its an overseas product so it may take a bit to get to you .

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

The completely environmentally sound solution to unwanted pests. Simply scatter the predator bugs on plants then wait a week or two. Once all pests have been consumed, the predator bugs die, leaving disease free plants. No toxins, no pollutants, no CFCs, no damaged crops, no hassle, no problem.

http://www.1-hydroponics.co.uk/bugs-pest-control.htm

The Sciarid Fly product is the one at the very bottom of the list.

Good Luck :D

Here's another one I found that explains the different species nad tell you some helpful shit ... I think :)

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.p...169/an/0/page/0[/url]

:yingyang

Edited by Nikki

Croweater mate, i know where your coming from these insects are from Hell :D

and yes they also gave me nightmares, i had an infestation tried everything to no avail

had to take such drastic measures i knew it would either kill the plants or the flys. :D

Sure enough it killed all my plants, and the scarid cunts were still alive and kicking, albeit pretty sick.

Man they are the terrorists of the plant world

I hope someone can come up with a solution for you, alas i cannot :thumbdown

many of the strong insectidies are now banned by the aus gov but there are a few things you can do 2 nuke them.

use "oil of neem" and dutchmaster "zone" at same time for a couple of weeks this should fix a mild to medium infection, if its a really bad infection you might have 2 use it 4 the rest of the cycle, microbial will stop any rootrot caused by the lava.

Also make sure where they "got in" in the first place has been fixed (stocking over air in) etc.

Jack

High croweater, what sort of grow system are you using and what stage are the plants at? I have found that using DM's Guardian in every reservoir prevents a lot of these problems happening in the first place, it will even clean up light infestations of scarid fly/fungus gnat.

:D

i know your pain, infact i had a major infestation for 3 crops and only really knocked them on their asses a couple of weeks ago :thumbsup

now it might be a bit hard to find and people will tell you to use a simular product if it isnt available but i swear to god you wont wanna use anything else after you use "Maverik" which is made by Yates...now if you follow the directions, you should really do some damage to their population, i was sick of my infestation and went at 1.5x strength and i basically wiped them out in 3 days :D

like you i had tried so many fucking different products it was extremely frustrating but then i remembered during my first crop i got some mites and was given maverik and thought it was defineately worth a try, sure enough its been the best bug killer i have used and i will always have it stocked up :thumbsup