How often do you smoke?

how much/often do you like to smoke?  

319 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

i was interested in the whole st johns warts theory. are you able to take it as an extra to part of an anti-depressant routine? i am taking setraline tablets at the moment (the slow re-balancing of the brain chemicals type) which you cant really become dependant on. i was wondering if I would get any benefits from the st johns ontop of my daily dose.

Supposedly, St John's Wort shouldn't be combined with SSRI's (like sertraline) because it may cause what is known as "serotonin syndrome", which is basically the serotonin in your brain reaching toxic levels. For this reason, all packages of St John's Wort sold in Aust must contain a warning about this.

In actuality, this syndrome is quite rare and usually only happens when people combine anti-depressants or more potent serotonin agonists (like DXM) with their regular anti-depressants. IMO a dosage increase or a little more exercise will work better than St John's anyways.

On another note, I reckon anti-depressants although not "addictive" can be hard to quit after a few years. I myself have been on various ones (including sertraline) since 1999 and don't think I'll ever be without them. Simply reducing the dose even minutely causes me to become suicidal about 3 days later. The last time I tried I got such a scare (very nearly did it - even made a noose) that I won't be trying to cut down for a while yet.

I should note that I was severely depressed many years before I started smoking MJ and it actually really helps, despite what you may have heard! :thumbdown: Seriously, when I'm depressed / suicidal I take the day off work and have a smoke - really helps to get a different perspective which is often all I need to realise I actually DO want to live.

This is straying from topic I know (sorry) so let me also add that I smoke on average 2 or 3 cones at night. For some reason the older I get, the more of a light-weight I am. It's more economical though! :peace:

Sorry for the double post, but it has occurred to me that the above post was not altogether appropriate and let's face it, a major bringdown!

Truth is, most other places on the web I'm not exactly anonymous so I kinda let rip with total honesty simply to get it off my chest.

Sorry if anyone was upset by my talk of suicide. It's something I don't take lightly, having lost both close relatives and friends to it in the past.

So yeah, just wanted to say sorry cos I think I was out of line. :toke:

So yeah, just wanted to say sorry cos I think I was out of line. doh.gif

:toke: I thought it was an interesting read myself :toke: Discussing how much and why people smoke MJ is what this thread is all about. I know alot of people who having had bad experiences with prescription meds have found that MJ is the only thing that realy helps.

I only smoke on days that end in " Y "

At LEAST a gram a day everyday.

I try to just have a few in the morning and maybe a few at lunch then i'll have a few cones every hour or so (maintains high) after work.

I much prefer to smoke a few bongs every hour or so n stay nicely toasted than to smoke one big session (that's more a social thing to do with friends IMO).

:)