VRIP VCB Review

Well, I've officially retired my Vriptech VCB + Makita heatgun set-up to the back of the cupboard. :blink:

This morning the kind postie delivered a parcel from Freewheelin containing my new Volcano and few other assorted goodies. I am rarely so excited to hear the gate bell ring. :P

I am gonna post a full review with some pics I think but let me give you my first impression: WOW!

I am already in love with this thing... it's gets me higher than any delivery method I've ever tried and it's dead easy to use and the thing screams quality.

I will never be without a Volcano again... in a few hours it's already entrenched itself as an essential tool of my lifestyle. :thumbsup

post-6180-1129261348_thumb.jpg

This morning the kind postie delivered a parcel from Freewheelin containing my new Volcano and few other assorted goodies. I am rarely so excited to hear the gate bell ring. :blink:

I am gonna post a full review with some pics I think but let me give you my first impression: WOW!

I am already in love with this thing... it's gets me higher than any delivery method I've ever tried and it's dead easy to use and the thing screams quality.

I will never be without a Volcano again... in a few hours it's already entrenched itself as an essential tool of my lifestyle.  :thumbsup

post-6180-1129261348_thumb.jpg

U lucky bastard :P Well i think i'll use my VCB for a bit longer, but a volcano would be sweet.

Glad that more aussie are on the vapin' train, the advancement in tools has really been in this area over the last few year IMO. Can't wait for your volcano thread reasinreaper

how noisy is it in comparison to a heat gun?

No comparison in my humble opinion.

I use to have to turn the TV up when using the heatgun but now I can barely hear the Volcano over the TV.

My wife's first observation was how much quieter it was.

I've seen a few people compare the sound of a filling Volcano to that of vibrating mobile on a table... and I feel thats pretty accurate but I think the mobile would be a bit louder beccause it would cause vibrations as opposed to the Volcano which has isolating rubber feet.

Edited by resinreaper

U lucky bastard :blink:  Well i think i'll use my VCB for a bit longer, but a volcano would be sweet.

Glad that more aussie are on the vapin' train, the advancement in tools has really been in this area over the last few year IMO. Can't wait for your volcano thread reasinreaper

Yeh I am lucky... I've been eyeing it for years though... but finally was able to make the leap. :P

I will take few more photos and write up a review thread over the next day or so... a bit too distracted last day or two... lots of vappin goin on... hehe...

thanks mate I think I'll get one as well if thats the case.

Mate, you will not be disappointed if you do... this thing hasn't WOWed so many people over the years for nothing. It really is that impressive.

About the sound... I had both the gun and the Volcano on yesterday to judge noise... the Volcano isn't as low dB as you might suspect relative to the gun... I expected to really not even hear it at all with the gun on.

The major difference, and what makes it quieter, is the tone of the noise... the Volcano has the low pitched, even tone while the gun has a higher pitched, whining/whirring noise that is VERY offputting in comparison to the Volcano.

So in short, running them side by side makes the difference seem much less than it REALLY is in practical, real world use terms. Hope all this shit makes sense.

I promise I AM gonna do a review peeps... I just want to spend a week at least with this unit for full feel of things. And, I am very stoned lately hehe... soz. :blink:

edit: thinking about it I just realised I compared the Volcano running without the filling chamber on it to the heatgun running without being in the VCB hood.

The Volcano is even quieter when the filling chamber is on (and there is no need need to run fan without the chamber on) and, in my experiences at least, the sound of the heatgun gets even more annoying and perhaps a bit louder when it's inserted into the VCB hood.

I will have to do another side by side....

Edited by resinreaper

Okay I did another side-by-side comparo:

With both units running as they are normally used (Volcano with filling chamber in place, and heatgun inserted into the VCB hood) the Volcano is indeed much quieter as my first impression noted.

I initially ran the side by side without the filling chamber and VCB in their respective places and it makes a big difference... the noise of the Volcano actually decreases a few notches with the chamber in place and the noise of the heatgun actually increases when it's in the VCB hood.