VRIP VCB Review

tried to get one of me exhaling, but was pretty hard.

The verdict though is easy. This thing ia badass, I was dubious as i am sceptical about stuff like this, especially if the claims are bold. But VRIP delievers. I have owned a hotplate style vap, and they suck, IMO.

They VCB gives u a killa toke, or rip, as they call it, I was coughing. Got me more wasted than I had been in a long time last night. I consumed a bit less herb than usual but got more wasted. If you have only used this 1 or 2 times try it again, it took me about 4-5 times to get my technique down. I got the 12mm jet-flo version BTW.

This is now my prefered method. I have included a pic of the raw and vap'd herb side by side and as you can see it's nowhere near burnt.

available: http://www.vriptech.com/product.htm

post-6173-1125819308_thumb.jpg

post-6173-1125819346_thumb.jpg

finally got my VRIP VCB in the mail. Went straight to bunnings to get a Makita HG1100 and try it out.

Awesome vdub, welcome to the vapour club :wave:

How much is the Makita? Just read up on that model, does it only have 2 temp settings 250 and 1100? 250 should be fine, I'm using at about 200-210 at the moment and it's almost too harsh for my taste. It's probably pretty smoky at 250, but that's probably a good thing if you're used to smoking. I've tried to get people onto the Vrip starting at low temps, 170-190 and no-one has really bought into it, but now that I've upped my own use to 200-210 I think I could convince any smoker given the opportunity. It's still bulky and fiddly, but the Valloon makes a big difference and I just heard that Vriptech's own Vapourisation Heat Tool is nearing completion so stay tuned on that one.

A mate got some of the most tastiest, stickiest buds that I've seen in years and I couldn't stop coughing it was so potent, managed to get about 4 Valloon bags out of a bowlful and it's still going strong. Hot air extraction really does make your gear go further hey, I never thought the difference was all that much, but after this last batch I realised I've just been smoking absolute shite for the past few years ::P:

Looks awesome. I'm also wondering how much the Makita set you back, as I've just starting seriously considering the vape option.

I've been trying to build my own vape, using a similar setup to this one. Turned out to be a bit more expensive than I'd hoped for, as I fried a soldering iron with my stupidity :wave:. It works, kinda. I need to tweak it a bit though. The heat gun + bong method looks awesome though, and would ease my mind about inhaling all the heated metal that's in my design.

How's the Makita for temperature control?

Edited by toasty

The Makita HG1100 cost me $138 from Bunnings, they had a couple. I looked on ebay.com .au but was only going to save $10. I wanted to be able to take it back if I didn't like it :wave: As it was the major cost, it cut the risk down.

But I need not worry, that's for sure!

Totoal Cost:

$138 Makita

$95 for VCB, spare Orings and screens and the costs of the WU money order

$26 Agung glass bong, need a bigger one though really

=

$259 i think, am so wasted :P

I am going to order the VapourBat soon. Which is the portable gizmo.

This is the guide from VRIPTECH. It's got all the heat settings for the HG1100 and other heat guns.

http://www.vriptech.com/SVTaroma.pdf

The heat control on the Makita is awesome 110 - 600 C. Totally variable in increments of .1 Two fan speeds, but leave it on 1. The fresh herb/vap'd herb picture comparision above was on 2.0

I leave my heat setting on 2 - 2.2 atm, but i am experimenting :wave:

Personally u can go to 1.8 but its a bit slow, 2.5 is to hot IMO

The best aspect of the bong like action is it the bowl heats up as u draw, so u can leave the setting on 2 but increase the temp a bit yourself. Totally killa dude

BTW it took 4 weeks for the VCB to get here from posting the money order.

Edited by v dub

The heat control on the Makita is awesome 110 - 600 C. Totally variable in increments of .1 Two fan speeds, but leave it on 1. The fresh herb/vap'd herb picture comparision above was on 2.0

Awesome, the googles I did on this model suggested it was only 250 or 1100 degrees. If it's variable the whole way then this sounds like a good cheap gun. The Steinel has an lcd readout for the exact temperature (+-5deg) but really once you set your temp it's not needed. The bad thing about the Steinel is the slider to control the temp, it's too easy to knock. Some models have a wheel on the base that clicks into position, much better control imo.

I leave my heat setting on 2 - 2.2 atm, but i am experimenting  :wave:

Expect to be experimenting for years mate, I'm still trying out new temps. It's so great having this much control, you can have some wispy thin vapour if you want a quick toke, or thick vapour, or smoky vapour for first timers who still aren't convinced.

These guns are still way too bulky and not very user friendly, overkill for this application in terms of heat and airflow range. I'm really hanging out for the VHT, I think it will finally give us an attractive, easy to use, medical grade heat tool at an affordable price. The Volcanos are about US$500 now, so you can get them in for about $7-800, but your Makita setup here is the way to go I think.