Conversion Chart

Hi, what CF levels should i have my nutes for seedlings that i have recently transplanted from soil to hydro?

My pen is cf and i have no idea what level i should be at... any tips? or is just ph adjusted water the go for a few weeks?

thanks.

Edited by jonbrown

nice chart ozmade.

the only thing I dont agree with is the TDS PPM - PPM... I was under the impression that TDS is always measured in PPM so these 2 conversions are the same

parts per million(PPM) is the same as TDS PPM....

so 50 total desolved salts (TDS) is measured in Parts Per Million (PPM) dos that make sense???

I cant see how 500TDSPPM is any different from 700PPM...

I would say just cut out the 500TDSPPM coloumn becuse TDS PPM is the same as PPM

as is my understanding...

total desolved salts are the nutes and parts per million is how much nutes are in there... 700 parts per million of total desolved salts.. same thing....

Some TDS meters do have a very discrete set of measurements other than what's commonly referred to as PPM.

The difference between varying scales of ppm, be they 500, 600, 650 or 700 refers to the actual ion they're making an approximation on. The 700 scale is how many ppm of sodium you'll have in a given E.C. reading. And the 500 scale is potassium.

Some would argue the 500 scale is more accurate, but then you could easily say that we have high levels of sodium in some municipal supply, so it's better to read in a sodium scale.

Very useful post there, (mind you it came up funny in my wordpad), but in the end I still think you'll always be better off just reading in e.c. (CF is just e.c. x10, so much easier to convert than the ppm scales) as you'll know exactly what everyone is talking about. No conversions, no confusion.

But for as long as they market E.C. meters as tds, ppm and cf meters, we'll have this problem.