about smell

Ferre

one of the most common reasons for ppl getting busted in Holland for growing (hehe,..yes, they bust ya here too) is becouse of smell leaking out the growroom!

there's allways some one who's calling the cops,...even these sweet neigbours of yours, happenes a lot.

Anywayzz,..there's an easy way to make sure there's no smell leaking out of your grow, or dry room (drying gives the most odeur/smell)

here it is :

first make sure your growroom is airtight. that's nearly impossible to do but try to secure the biggest airholes.

when that's done what you need to do is make sure you have a more powerfull fan at the outletair of your growroom than on the inlet-fresh-air fan!

what happenes is that you create kind of a vacuum in your room and the only air going out will be the outlet of your growroom.

now the most important : get a charcoal filter on that outlet and you're done.....the only air escaping from your room is filtered and controlled. :D

I visited one of the larger stores/warehouses today and asked about charcoal filters. I was told that they were not selling them anymore as demand had been very low for them due to their lack of results.

Wonder if they are just trying to push ozone generators, or whether there is something to it???

Any feedback?

I visited one of the larger stores/warehouses today and asked about charcoal filters. I was told that they were not selling them anymore as demand had been very low for them due to their lack of results.

Wonder if they are just trying to push ozone generators, or whether there is something to it???

Any feedback?

LACK OF RESULTS??

hehe,..I think this shop has lack of expertise and experiance, haha

...and ozone generators are not what you would call the best solution for a growroom, not at all.

In a country like Holland, where ppl are living so close together,..it's one of the most populated per square meter in the world,..eliminating smell is THE IMPORTANT issue to take care of for growers....and here these carcoal filters have proven to work very well and nearly all of us growers are using them. offcourse they need replacement in time as they get "full" and than don't filter anymore...but they last very long.

Thanks tboat.

I must admit my last grow (6 x 400w, 24 plants) did very well with an ozone generator, however I would like to try a charcoal filter this time.

I'm not trying to get you all on using them charcoal filters, if an ozon generator works for ya,.....good.

it's just a very good solution if you want your growroom "smell-leakproof" like I discribed above. that's how we install our rooms in the first place,..make this "vacuum"....to be sure there's no smell leaking out to the neighbours.