How often should i be feeding my girls?

Hi all, I wanted to know how often/ how much i should be feeding my girls now?

I run a 4 pot recycling system. I'm in my 4th week of flower.

Currently i feed for 15mins twice a day.

I used P+K13,14 yesterday 4 the first time, with my canna coco A+B nutes, the reading with my TDS pen is 1250ppm.

:scratchin Is this rite? Should i increase the feed strength? I'm following the full strength directions on the bottle. But i know some people go higher.

Also HOW OFTEN? Should i now increase the regularity or feed them 4 longer each time?

I have a timer where uv got to push down the little buttons around a dial so u can only choose the pump 2 come on 4 increments of 15mins, but i was thinking of getting a better digital timer so it is entirely up to me what/when/how i wish to set it.

Is it worthwhile doing this?

I used Guardian & SilikaMagik yesterday too 4 the first time. I followed the bottle directions, hope there wasn't anything else i should have been aware of?

Oh, & also, The PK13,14: Do i only use this once? What would happen if i used it again at the end of the week? Would it give them an extra boost u think? Or would it be bad? B)

If anyone could help me out with my Qs i'd appreciate it!

Thanks!

Regards, Claudia. :smoke

hi claudia

1200ppm is ok for flowering especially with the pk , that stuff is strong ! You could push it higher if you want , just watch out for any problems due to over fertilisation . I

with the pk your ment to only use it once , however after searching on the internet Ive found many growers how use it for 3-5 weeks but at half strength . thats what ive been doing , running half strength pk and making the nute mixture up to 1200ppm and the buds have really powered on . im just coming into week 6 and used pk13/14 since week 3 at half strength .

if you do use the pk again id recomend you flush your plants with plain water at the end of the week for a couple of days and re-dose with 1/3-1/2 strenght pk + your normal nutes . if they dont show any problems then give them another week of it . cut the pk down a couple of weeks prior to harvest as flowering growth slows .

good luck sounds like its a nice grow

hey,

Have you got any pics or what colour green are the plants.. If they are a dark lush green the a+b nutes can be knocked back a bit and pk can be used... if they are startin to yellow or pale out id keep the a+b and lower the pk... Watering can be changed if they are gettin bit droopy before next water, but if they are growing alright i wouldnt bother... If it is possible to test water before and after you water the plants should use about 300 ppm..

was thinking of getting a better digital timer so it is entirely up to me what/when/how i wish to set it.

Is it worthwhile doing this?

Yes, very worthwhile when it comes to a watering system, I have found the Nakajima ones I have are a pain to set as you have to remember to set it to seven days for every on and off time you set it to.
I used Guardian
I use it in every reservoir, prevention is always better than cure.
with the pk your ment to only use it once , however after searching on the internet Ive found many growers how use it for 3-5 weeks but at half strength . thats what ive been doing , running half strength pk and making the nute mixture up to 1200ppm and the buds have really powered on . im just coming into week 6 and used pk13/14 since week 3 at half strength .
I've used the PK in several different ways with equally excellent results, the way you're doing it is the easiest and I prefer to keep things as simple as possible. B)

:P

Thanks Tom, Stonedas, skyhigh for the advice B)

I spoke 2 a guy at the shop & he said the difference with the Canna PK13,14 & other bud enhancing nutes like superbud or other pk supplements, is that the PK13,14 is taken in immediately by the plants & stored so that it can slowly release it as needed. Other products aren't able 2 be teken in by the plants immediately which is why you keep adding it until they can break it down & take it in!!?? I dunno? Does this sound like anything anyone's heard of?

But Why wouldn't other companies manufacture a product like it then?

My girls are dark green 'Stonedas', so u think i should lower the norm nutes & add a bit more pk? Thanks 4 the advice on the 300ppm per feed too.

I'll check that out after their dinner tonite :P

So the final suggestion would be to feed them more often? Or leave it at just twice a day?

& what sort of timers do u guys use on your pump? The press down ones or a digital timer??

Cheers! Claudia :smoke

hey,

Just thought id ask a stupid question....but when you dump your res at the end of the week or fortnight are you flushing the plants with fresh water...

so u think i should lower the norm nutes & add a bit more pk?

If answered yes to first q above yeah is all cool..

In regard to water cycles i wouldnt change it unless they look like they need more water.. Timers vary person to person but it is advisable to work out the total load on the line and check that the breaker can handle it... timers for ballast would be more important as its higher amperage... hope that helps some

:P Hi Stonedas,

Yeah, i flush once a week with fresh water for about 2 hours. Is that what u normally do?

I've got good digital timer 4 my lights, i just wanted 2 know what timers others used 4 their pump.

i don't like the way i can only choose increments of 15mins 2 feed with my basic timer rite now.

Is it worthwhile getting a digital so i can feed 4 howeva long i want, even 30scs or 5 min for example. know what i mean?

They don't look like they're drooping or anything, i just wanted to know if i fed them more often, say, 4 times a day, would this increase my yield?

Wanting 2 do everything i can so my end result is the best i can make it! B)

flush for 24 hours especially if your adding extra pk .

as for the stored use of pk13/14 that is the way it works , you bulk the plant up with it in week 3-4 and it uses it through the grow

BUT

after careful experimentation by the MJ growing community great results have been had by doing the half dose every week method . so its up to you .

I think youll get slightly more yeild giving extra pk but becarefull its strong stuff and make sure you dump your nutrients every week and flush for 24 hours to get rid of any excess build up

when you ask about digital timers for the pump fuckin get one ther invaluable for feed times ,okay im no horticulturelist i cant even spell it hehe :baaasmiley: and im not 100% sure about recycled systems but i like to spread out my feeds to five small feeds a day in a run to waste sytstem with 60%coco 40%perlite so as keep it lightly saturated for a lot of the time using only drippers , so it might not be apliccable your situation but one thing i do know for sure is that recurculated systems should not be used with coco. so keep that in mind . so in answer to your question geta digital timer for sure . :thumbsup