HID Lights.

Types of HID used for growing:

Metal Halide - mostly for veg stage.

High Pressure Sodium – mostly for flowering stage.

Horticultural - HPS/MH veg and flower stages (Son-T-Agro, Grolux, Lucagrow, etc.).

My plants are grown from seedling/clone to harvest under two 430w Son-T-Agro HPS/MH horticultural lights.

:unsure:

hey,

This is just my opinion and i know some others out there wont agree but anyhow...

MH used in veg on 18-24 hours a day will keep the plant in veg stage better than hps. It will also give you a stouter leaf formation.

HPS when used to veg stretch between nodes, and less vigour/colour to the leaf

Lucagrow -- only used once and didnt like the results same as hps

To flower

HPS

Almost immediate induction to flower, slightly earlier finishing times and bigger buds/ slightly higher yield

HPS/MH 50/50

Slower to induce but within a few weeks catch up. Alot easier to flower long periods (10-12 weeks plus) and slightly denser/resinous buds

MH

Slow to induce to flower, slightly lower yield but rock tight dense buds.

But thats in my conditions and not too say that suits all. If anyone else has any opinions feel free to add as id like to hear what everyone has to say stonedas

For a continious system in a personal closet grow I assume that veg. time is of little consideration as its sure to be a lot shorter than the flowering stage with a HPS and therefore will not add any time to the cycle.

If that assumtion is correct, would you get the same results vegging for longer with fluoros instead of MH?

hey,

It all depends on how you organise yourself. If your seeds or clones are ready to induce to flower when the last crop finishes there is no downtime in 12/12 and veg would be of no concern if it took 6-8 weeks even. If you have to veg out in your flower room for 2 weeks before flower then you would need to add extra into the cycle time. But it is possible to get thru 6/12 full cycles a year. All depends where you want to head towards etc. hope that helps stonedas

hey buddy,

Which hps light did the fixture come from. Im not sure if the 150/175/225/250 all use one or just the first two and last two. I know you can get fixtures rated upto 1500 watts that suit 4/6/1/1500 lights. If you are trying to save some cash try a electrical distributor for the parts and construct the whole thing yourself. If you need any more help feel free stonedas

HeY All.........

Good info Stondas!

Venture lighting have 150mh......

price wise there about the same as anything else, expensive for a 150.

I have a used one i dont need anymore if ya interested?

pm me if u are.

Also i'd like to weigh in to the lighting debate here by saying that; imho is you want nice short fat high yielding plants MH throught the grow is the way to go.

Over the years ive tried all combinations of lights in different stages of growth. For example, vegging a clone under flouro for 2 weeks then flowering with a 430 agro hps yields about6-8 oz's.

Take thae same cinario, but veg with the 430 and yield goes up to about 12 oz's.

Another example; veg a clone for 2 weeks under 430 and flower under 1000mh, yield goes up to 1lb.

If the above is flowered with 1000hps yield is simular but plant is way bigger and buds arnt as tight as with MH.Mh also tends to produce longer bud with shorter internode lengths.

Its agreed that hps has higher lumens, buts its also a known fact that white light penentrates and reflects better than yellow light,this is why the mh buds are longer.

For what its worth big lights = big yields and grams/watt is a good measure of this.Average growers achive .5g/w, with very good growers reaching 1g/w and the highest ive heard of is 1.5g/w but ive never seen this and could only dream of pulling those numbers.

Currently i like to veg and flower with 4000w Mh and find this works great for me.........peace HyDrOwIzArD