coverage

Guest Wilderbud

Guest Wilderbud

Ive started 3 seeds (2 weeks apart) in a bucket which has large holes at the base, 2" large flat pebbles, 2" sphagnum moss and is topped-off with 8" 50/50 soil/peat moss. The bucket is in a small cupboard with 6 vertical 4' 38W cool white flouros ;) and has a homemade CO2 maker (aired bottle with water/sugar/yeast) and a container to catch water.

So far one plants stem was eaten when it was young ;) so I had to re-root it. ;) Right now 2 plants are 4" and are being trained already :P and the other milky-green :rolleyes: one is a seedling making its first 3 leaves. All 3 seeds were from bag weed but the weed was excellent.

My webcam is broken for now (well the Windows part of it is) so Im postponing the shots till later.

Oh, Im growing 2 grapes in the bucket now also (accident) Also, this is my first time and Ill probably get a SonT-Agro 600 soon.

You would be better to tie them to the screen rather than weave them, removing males from a scrog set-up can be difficult, scrog is more suited to the use of clones than seed.

Look forward to the pictures.

http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/contrib/ruinkai/coolgleamA.gif

Guest Wilderbud

Taz, I reckon I should.

I really started to grow these to get good clones and seeds so I am thinking of just going this route afterall.

Ive had the 4" plants on their side for 4 days and the main tip keeps pushing itself higher than the other branching tips every morning and when its trained (held with 2 skewers) a lot of the leaves touch the dirt. I think itd be better for me to leave scrog for a faster grow (with clones) so Im backing out of this technique for now!

Not doing ScrOG isnt a bad thing - Id love to harvest a big cola anyway and theres always the next grow (buying sucks). :D

Ill try to get the first pics done tomorrow - I know how nice it is to see other peoples attempts (sucks how I lost my first grow pics from paranoia!).

Guest Wilderbud

OK I have the first picture of my home-grown! Ill try and include the grow space next time - I was too lazy to drag the computer in.

My webcam sucks so its not the best image in the world (it makes the plants look better I think - :P) - enjoy. =)

Also, both plants were fimmed after this pic - hopefully I have 6 nodes left to flower in a few weeks [when the seedling gets its 5th node]. I reading about growing the grapes which are in the bucket also [to drink since its peat+flouros]. :D

post-9-1060663252_thumb.jpg

Edited by Wilderbud

Guest Wilderbud

The clone thats inside the glass didnt root as easilly as the older plant in the group. I re-cut the stem and am trying the last time.

I get a coke lid, put some peat moss in put the stem in then keep the whole lot topped with drops of water and cover it with a glass when Im lazy. This is the first time it hasnt worked - Ive done this a few times [i plant it on the 5th day usually]. When Im not lazy I use a aerator in a small half-bottle, covered with mylar which has slots to hold the stem up - Ive never lost a clone this way and have done rooted about 20 or so [i use clonex too].

Edited by Wilderbud

Guest Wilderbud

My CO2 maker has been enhanced! :D

I have a 1.5L coke bottle which is 2/3 full with 50/50 water/sugar with a touch of yeast hanging at the top of the grow space [1.5' x 1.5' x 6'] and have added a aerator to it (to stop smell I thought). The bottle has a hole in the lid to release the gas it creates and it creates enough gas to blow a lighter out! ;)

Itd be nice to see if this creates good CO2 levels or not. :P