PH ajustment

Hey ppl what can be used around the house to bring your ph up, i have the stuff for droping ya ph but i dont have the stuff that u use t bring it back up ans have heard that is stuff ya have in a kicthen that u can use to bring it back up like bakeing soder, i rember reading it on here some were but cant seem to find the post all help would be great... Edited by ozmade

lots of peeps advise baking soda but none give amounts. i'd just add a teaspoon to a bucket of plain water and run a little test till ya find out how much you need. they also say add plain tap water if you use r/o or another source of water as tap water ph usually runs a little high. not sure if it's applicable for you. i'm fighting the battle the other way atm my ph is way too fucking high and very difficult to adjust.

good luck bro

I used bakeing soda to bring it back up, i used one gram of bakeing soda in 20 lts of nute mix and it took it up to about a ph of 9 and i then ajusted it back down to about 5.5, i am going to play around a bit and work out how much to use in x amount of nute mix if i need to do it againe...

Hey ozmade I would agree with Luke Skywalker in his method but here's some old school advice to raise the pH in the soil. Each requires adding some form of Alkali in the growing medium. Examples include calcium carbonate, potassium hydroxide, sodium hydroxide, lime and several other compounds. The easiest and most convenient way to raise and stabilize the pH of soil is to add fine dolmite lime and hydrated lime before planting (Patten 1995).

I haven't tried this before but found some stuff in a book called "Gardening Indoors" by George F. Van Patten. Though its not MJ related its still invaluable as it covers all topics that the MJ grower would be concerned about. Plus its always good to have info that is in hard copy form for easy access and reference. Happy growing :smoke !

Rising and falling the PH of your water is no good...... aquariium people call it "Crashing your water" by too 'rapid a ph change' can alter the chemical balnce forever.

pH is simply a measurement of the acidity or alkalinity of a solution.

pH is a measure of the hydrogen ion concentration, [H+]. You alter this when you change your PH. It's far easier to bring it down than to rise it and maitain the correc t chemical balances (properties).

Luke Skywalker & sydneyguy right to say not to use the baking soda.

Each [solution] adding some form of Alkali in the growing medium. Examples include calcium carbonate, potassium hydroxide, sodium hydroxide, lime and several other compounds.

These are also examples of the chemical composition of water your adjusting and 'crashing' with each adjustment you make.

Luke Skywalker..............  I would definitely not recommend using baking soda to raise pH. Although it is alkaline, and will do the job, it will also add a spectacular amound of sodium to the nutrient solution. 

The 1 gram i put in was a little too much as i had to use a lot of ph down to get it to were i wanted it, that is y i am going to play around with it until i get it about rite...