Drugs cause of Pine Creek Road Train Collision

Drugs cause of Pine Creek Road Train Collision

Northern Territory Police say that one of the drivers in Monday night's road-train crash near Pine Creek was on drugs at the time of the head on collision.

Northern Territory Police have charged a 35-year-old man for driving in a reckless manner endangering life, being under the influence of drugs and in possession of cannabis.

The road train was carrying cattle when it veered onto the wrong side of the road.

The Stuart Highway, 20 kilometres north of Pine Creek, was closed for 18 hours while debris was cleared from the road.

The accused is being treated for injuries at Katherine hospital.

He will face court in Katherine on the 21st of June.

ABC

I find it hard to believe cannabis was the cause of him driving in a reckless manner

being a truck driver myself, i know only too well the perils of being under the influence whilst driving. i know the last time i had a near death experience i was wondering if the driver of the other truck might of been stoned or high on something else. thank my lucky stars that one didnt end up badly. is a very extreme sport being a truck driver everyday and you need your wits about you or you can end up dead or killing some poor innocent other person or people. i do smoke daily but refrain from doing so before or during any time i am working. i could not or will not condone any supossed "professional driver" from these practices(driving under the influence of anything) for the plain and simple fact that it might be me or any of you that could be their next victims.... natural fatigue and unexperienced drivers are bad enough to put up with everyday on the highways.