WTF are they contaminating our buds with ....

WEll pgr's broad term imo, seaweed extract has pgr's in it. I've read some articles from med growers in the states that swear by using the pgr chloremequat (common height restrictor sold) as its certified for use on wheat production in the states. Now I don't know it's status here in aus on edible crops, jsut because they have been tested on wheat doesnt mean the chemical willa ct the same way within cannabis plants and until research ahs gone in i would never use a product.

Same as paclobuetrazol (sp?) , also one commonly used by commercial growers here in oz afaik and marketed in hydro shops as a stretch stopper. common pgr used in production of stone fruit it is sprayed onto the bark of the plant quite a few weeks before fruit is ahrvested. A fun fact research into paclo use on street trees was done during our large droughts and found it stopped water usage by 30% lol Anyway long withholding period and has been listed as a mild carcinogen, i personally wouldnt trust the withholdin period again as it hasnt been tested at all for cannabis crops and who knows the residiual effects present.

Lastly i dont think these products are needed, as I've seen good arguments that the use of other 'safe' pgr often found naturally, for the use in stopping stretch, particularly cytokinins (can be found in seaweed extracts) used heavily in stretch period can reduce it quite heavily. Although won't necesarrily make buds flower 'automatically' like other pgr's above

• Upvote 1

A lot of growers were using that Rock Juice shit some years ago, it's an Aussie product and due to slack laws at the time it was legal here but not overseas. It was a very popular PGR at the time, guys from Europe were importing the stuff. I forget what it was supposed to do, make the buds rock-hard I guess.

Anyways it was banned, here's a pic of the new reformulated product with no PGRs:

http://agradehydroponics.com/214-large_default/rock-juice-organic.jpg

I checked out some local commercial last week, just out of curiosity. It was rock hard small buds looked like it was harvested after about six weeks max, there were no resin glands to be seen, fuck nows what they had sprayed it with but it had obviously stripped the glands off. Anyway the bloke told me they prefer this because there is a good earn in it. So it all comes down to supply and demand. They grow heaps of this, harvest it early, add weight in whatever way possible and then sell it cheap. $$$$ is all these people give a fuck about.

• Upvote 1

just got some dirty crap, you could see the white salt crystals and it' tastes salty when licked, fucking just wrong

Yea seen that crud going around perth couple months back too. Can't believe what people use to increase weight. Sort of looks like ice or meth.

Any chance you can post a pic jester

Haze

UGH! more shit .... man i really gotta think about a decent grow this stuff is horrible.

This is what it looks like.

horrible brown hairy stuff covered in salt like crystals

break open the bud and there is a HUGE clump of crystals at the base near the stem!

and a whole bunch of crystals at the bottom of the bag

post-40304-0-42736500-1406950837_thumb.jpg post-40304-0-32247800-1406950883_thumb.jpg post-40304-0-51295200-1406950922_thumb.jpg post-40304-0-56591300-1406950965_thumb.jpg post-40304-0-20916100-1406951003_thumb.jpg post-40304-0-11401300-1406951042_thumb.jpg 

post-40304-0-04312200-1406951269_thumb.jpg post-40304-0-13081900-1406951308_thumb.jpg post-40304-0-46295600-1406951352_thumb.jpg post-40304-0-66747600-1406951392_thumb.jpg

This stuff is getting washed like the last batch .... it's decent smoke after you get rid of all the shit, but still this should NOT be going around .. scum growers out to make a quick buck.

Edited by The Stoned Jester
  • Upvote 3